Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Week 25


HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY MAURA!!! Oh and Halloween too this week, right?

Oh WOW, what a week!!! Eduardo got BAPTIZED!!! Ahhhhhh so incredible. We´ve been teaching him for quite some time, he´s the one who came to all the sessions of general conference was and on Monday when we taught him, he asked us what time his baptism is for this Saturday and my comp and I just looked at each other, shocked and so happy that his mom gave him permission!! Lots of his family came to support him which was amazing and his mom was super supportive, even brought little chicken sandwich things, cake, and of course aint no get together without some inca kola.0
 
It was such a spiritual experience and my comp and I sang the classic primary baptism song about how the earth is clean after it rains and looking for rainbows, haha I promice I make more sense in Spanish…he´s such a good kid, Eduardo! Reminds me a little of Grant. When we picked him up yesterday morning for church to receive the Holy Ghost, he even had read and put a picture of himself and signed his name on the faith of God booklet that the primary president gave him. What a stud!! We´re finally starting to see the fruits of all our labors and wow!! It was just so incredible.
 

Mom, pleaseeee don´t send anything for all of the insect bites! The zone leaders gave me some Raid that I used for the mattress and left it out in the sun for 2 days to kill all of the bed bugs. Plus I bought some intense insect repellant. But thanks for the card and Grant, I LOVED all your drawings!!! Rex and Connor Castelaw, THANK YOU for the random package!! Haha who do I need to thank? It had the Palmers address on it?? The pillowcase is so awesome!! I loved the random Spanish pronouns on it, and the pudding I´m gonna use for some family home evenings with the ward. I feel really bad getting stuff in the mail, since its so pricey to send things-but at the same time, its like the greatest day ever to see familiar handwriting.
 
We had a teaching appt. for a contact and when we came over, there were a BUNCH of her friends from colegio!! How awesome!! They actually focused pretty well, surprisingly and thankfully. And after, I gave ´em each a mint that was in the package from Rex and Connor. It was so random and so fun!

My companion and I finished sawing and fitting the door to the outside part of Hna. Horacia´s outside part of her house and celebrated with crackers and Inca Kola. Haha super ghetto, but its certainly better than what it was before!! She is one of the most incredible people I´ve ever known. While putting the hinges on, it reminded me of when hunter and I worked for Uncle john and accidentally put some of the hinges on backwards or opening the door the wrong way. Haha and were sooo hungry! Peruvians are some of the hardest workers I´ve known!! 

Luiz Galvez, lives across from our awesome RC Eduardo and is a taxi driver! Was a reference and came to church yesterday!!! He´s awesome and we´re organizing what members can come with us to teach him so that he has some good friends with people from the ward. Oh man its so nice having a taxi hookup, esp. since he lives RIGHT across from Eduardo and mamma transito. A little tricky to walk with her to church, 80 year old Peruvian woman-I´m like a oh whats it called, oh yeah crossing guard.

We had a mtng recently with all of the missionaries and their wards in our zone and really trying to encourage everyone to work with us and accompany us with lessons!! And help recent converts!!
My comp and I are in a group of hnas. to sing for the Christmas event at the plaza de armas. Should be awesome!!! Transfers are this Saturday which is CRAZY to think of how fast time is flyinggg!!
Saw my first car and moto accident earlier this week and it was so frightening to hear the crash, then look over and see what happened. Ahh and it was RIGHT after we crossed that part of the street, too!!! Bloody faces and poor taxista, the people that were riding in his taxi just hopped out after the accident happened and caught another taxi.

Well the mission is CERTAINLY a challenge, but its also the most rewarding time of my life!! Oh man, its HARD!! Just the schedule alone is stressful, we wake up at 5:45 in order to run at the park, breakfast, and be back at our desks to study at 8. There´s just these moments beyond words to describe that make it all worth it. I know that God lives and loves us so much! I´m here because I love the Savior and sharing my testimony of his life and ministry is what brings me joy! Seeing others being able to change their life thru the atonement is simply wonderful. Thank you for all of your encouragement, love, and support. I´ve felt your prayers in moments of difficulty and discouragement. The gospel is just simply incredible! 




Enjoying the “greatest adventure of your life” (Holland)  

No comments:

Post a Comment