Friday, October 25, 2013

Week 24











 
 
I meant to write this in last week´s email, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for the birthday package Maura!!! Ahh you are the greaaaaatest!!! I love the scarf, already worn it many times. And the stationary, perfect!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! And crazy that YOUR birthday is so soon!! Hope you eat an extra cupcake for me And thanks mom for the family pics, I used a lot of them for letters to people in El Bosque. But they have mints here, haha tic-tacs arn´t worth the postage.
Wow there´s always so much to say, but I never have the time to write all of it. Here´s how everyone´s doing:

Norma Delgado. We watched the restoration with her, which was awesome-but still have yet to teach her and her husband together…really nice-just needs to attend church!!!
Familia Avalos. Taught the plan of salvation which was perfect since one of the daughter´s friends just passed away.

Adrian. Oh man Adrian. Awesome kid, but I really don´t know…mentioned something about his dad not being ok with his choice to be baptized, but his grandfather that he lives with is fine with it…ahhhhh ugh. I´m really hoping things work out. Jean Paul, preparing to leave for his mission in Santa Ana, El Salvador accompanied us and it was awesome cause he was able to invite Adrian to play futbol with the young men. Also found out that Adrian´s grandfather is a clown and has been for about 25 years, haha did NOT see that one coming, that’s for sure. Oh man, the pictures were priceless.

Eduardo. Preparing for baptism, but still needs official permission from his mom. Transito, his grandma, is so cute. Taught her how to high-five and fist-bump this week.classic.
Mendosa Family. Such a boss family, but didn´t have the chance to teach them this week
Alexandra Andrea. We were getting frustrated while trying to teach the Restoration cause she didn´t read the pamphlet, but then realized we shouldn´t have been annoyed during like the 3rd time explaining it, cause she can´t read! Haha oh man, we felt to bad. She´s 8 years old.

This week we had interviews with both prez and hna. Marler. Wow. I didn´t really realize it until talking with hna. Marler, but my mission thus far has completely changed my life. I can´t even find the right words in English or Spanish to describe the things I´ve seen, witnessed, felt, and the miracles that have changed these people´s lives forever. When we teach the gospel of Jesus Christ, it really makes me realize or at least start to understand how much Heavenly Father really loves me, so much that I can´t even comprehend it. It´s incredible. Just as I´m still constantly worried and thinking about my recent converts in El Bosque and how their testimony is growing, God is always so very concerned about our spiritual growth and progress. Wow. 

 The woman that last time wanted me to pray with her scarf on my head, this time had curlers in her hair and crazy glasses.haha 

We had many opportunities to serve this week. The familia Hereria, Hna. Horacia, and clean the chapel with part of our zone. We fixed hna. Horacia´s door, with some super old tools. Haha she´s the cutest 80 year old.

I´m so thankful for the Plan of Salvation. It fascinates me and I don´t think I could ever thank my heavenly father enough for the fact that we´ll be a family together forever. Especially when we teach it, it really hits me. It doesn´t matter how many times I´ve studied and prepared to teach the same lesson, I understand it differently each time. Ahh the gospel is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trippin´on the sidewalks cause they´re so uneven.


It´s been 6 months since I´ve cut my hair and a member owns a salon and cut it for us for free....here´s a cliff-hanger picture of how much I got cut off. stay tuned until next week! time for a change:)


No comments:

Post a Comment