Friday, October 4, 2013

Week 21


Just took a combi for 30 mins to an internet café in the middle of nowhere…legit! We´re hiking to the beach/or something like that in Salaverry today for P-Day!
 
Mammacita Bonita-Got nice letters from Mary & Miriam this week! I was trying to explain to my new comp how perfect it is that your working in beehives , cause you always wanted another daughter. And now you have plenty! But she was confused and looked really serious and asked, your mom can´t have any more children? Haha it was just really priceless..i´m still not really sure if she understands the point I was trying to make, but it made me laugh. Hope you find it funny too.
Pops-We contacted a cop the other night and I thought of you! In fact, there´s a police station right by the park we run at-super close to where we live. I´ll try to trade a patch for ya. And our pens always has bananas on the table for us, reminds me of yaJ
 
Wow. No one gave me a heads up about how strange/hard it would be to leave my 1st area! In many ways, it was harder leaving El Bosque than my actual, real home. I don´t know if I´ll see these people ever again, at least for a long time. Oh El Bosque…its where I was first introduced to everything. Like being shoved in a combi, feeling like you could fall out of the door at any minute, tripping on sidewalks all the time cause they´re super uneven, getting the “tasty fish” cat-calls, etc.  I came to love it!! Life of a missionary…or rather life of a vagabond. Packing up and moving into a new place makes you realize what random things I took for granted. Like the comfort of always saying hello to the guy at the store close to our house, Hna. Luz´s squeaky voice, a toilet seat, or taking to Mamma Lucia who always had on the most random clothes to clean in. Or the fact that literally every person in El Bosque appreciated “paz”, as you can probably tell in many pictures…haha basically I´m just a big dork.
 
Anyways, Monday we said goodbye to all of our recent converts, many ward members, and it just felt so strange. Seeing them progress so much and growing with them—then leaving. Poor Hna. Gonzales was so stressed/worried about us leaving. It felt like dropping off your first child at day care for the 1st time, trying to make sure that the ward will look after Carlos and Juan, help Sandra´s parents learn more about the gospel, visit Josefina, and try to understand Juan Carlos´Spanish… The seminary kids even gave Hna. Huaman and I really nice letters, which was a nice surprise.  Bishop had us over for a NDH and it was a bittersweet last night in el bosque. What an incredible ward. they showered us in sugar. And random earrings. Haha love hna. Luz!!
 
My new companion is Hermana Portillo, from Santa Ana, El Salvador. Where she served for 5 months while she waited for her visa for Peru. Also the same mission that Hermana Serene Peterson is serving in! crazy. She´s only been here in the Trujillo mission for 3ish weeks, so we´re working as hard as possible together to whip this area into shape!! Monserrate 2. It recently split into 2 areas, so it’s a lot of figuring out who has which references. Hermana Downs and I switched districts, she´s in my former one and now I´m serving in her former district. Loco.
 
Going off of 4 maps. FOUR. Haha I´m just really lost. All the time. We´re in the heart of the city of Trujillo, Avenida Espana is part of our area! Dangerous, but we got each other´s backs. Literally-crossing the street is CRAZY!!

Our pensoniesta is the greatest!! Mamma Maria. Her laugh is just the greatest. And she genuinely loves spending time with us. So grateful to see her everyday. Another companionship also has our pénsoniesta too, Hna. Stekler and Hna. Panchi. An American and Peruvian. Its fun to hear about their day, while we enjoy some really spicy soup! I used to hate spicy foods, but now-it’s the BEST!!! Also her daughter-in-law is the RS Prez, so its awesome to be able to constantly talk about members in the ward that we can help.

The ward. There´s 6 missionaries in our ward, which is kinda strange. Haha the bishop and his wife are really nice and own a lavenderia. I already sort-or knew him, cause he takes care of our clothes. In el bosque too, and I was after him for losing a blouse haha and now we´re in ward council together. everyone knows Obipso Freddy! He´s like the Chris Copans of Trujillo.

So trying to go around and meet the members of the ward and track town all of these References from other missionaries. Feels like playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to build up the area and get some progressing investigators! Which is tricky, cause church is at 8 am!!

Crazy to think that now I´m a fully trained missionary!! Psh I feel like I just barely started.
No growing in a comfort zone and no comfort in a growing zone
.
I know that this is the church that Jesus Christ established, restored on the earth. I am weak, but through Christ, can invite others to come unto Christ. Joshua 1:9 Ether 12:27.

old guy we always say hi to & the seminary kids gave us a card
Con Mucho Amor,
Hna. Boody


josefina´s daughter and bishop and his wife




No comments:

Post a Comment