Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week 13


Familia,

Thank you for the rad ice cream truck bday card with the balloons. I loved the other card with Grant´s drawings. It´s been a fantastic bday so far!! 21 & doing exactly what I always wanted and imagined at this age, on a mission! Every birthday since I could remember, I would get more and more excited cause it was one more year closer to 21 & now its reality!! We made super delicious crepes this morning & our district all got together & had lunch at a member´s house. They closed my eyes and there was a beautiful cake and lit candle when I opened my eyes. so nice! and getting to email you all is the ultimate birthday gift! I think there´s 2 more cakes coming too...our pensoniesta and the member´s house that we´re having noche de hogar (FHE) at. 1st birthday in a different country & its been a blast! 
 
So Monday we all went to the Apiat & plaza! HUGE place for shopping & finding awesome souvenirs. I love to haggle and buy stuff in soles, everything seems so much cheaper. Our district ran into a group of other missionaries and Prez & sister marler! I saw Hermana Downs (mt MTC companion) and it was wonderful to catch up with her. I bought a rad llama family figurine set thing. Llama´s are pretty rad in Peru. I saw in person all of the awesome buildings that I had first seen when I opened my call & googled Trujillo, Peru. so beautiful! And after one of the Elders treated all of us to McDonald´s ice cream. never before has soft-serve tasted so good! It was a really fun p-day.

At district meeting, we set the goal of "14 Almas en Agosto" and it can happen if we all work more with the members!!!
 
Wednesday there was a large meeting at the Institute building for all of the new missionaries and their trainers. I saw all of my MTC buds from my district that are here serving in Trujillo. Right now, there are 85,000 missionaries serving thru all of the world!! siiiiick. Learned why commitments are so crucial, they lead investigators to making covenants. Did some fun role-playing. Papa Johns pizza after-soooo good! Found out that Sis. Marler has my same birthday! Even showed me her driver´s license to prove it. haha born a few years earlier. rad. We taught Carlos & Juan and there was a huge difference than their attitude from the previous lesson. Carlos was ready for his baptismal interview and we called the DL to meet at the chapel. They live further out and we didn´t see a taxi, combi, or moto. Then outta nowhere, a taxi pulls up and we realize that the driver is a member´s dad. We were able to make it to the church on time & save some soles. It was seriously a miracle! By that point, it was about 8pm and we hadn´t eaten dinner yet. so the DL´s comp bought my companion and I a small dinner from the small store across the street.really nice! it was a long day, so really grateful for the apple and cookie. haha. 

Friday I finally got my ATM card & we all withdrew our monthly allotment together as a district. Also received 6 letters!! ahh such a good day!! My plan is to give our ZL a bunch of letters this next week as he returns home, since he´ll be in the US really soon and post there is loads more reliable and easier than here. In the evening, we celebrated Juan & Carlos´ dad´s birthday and later all crammed in a moto to see the ward talent show. 

Saturday was a BIG DAY!!!! Juan & Carlos were baptized!!!! I was so happy for them and it was wonderful to see the Lord´s hand in preparing them for this covenant. While planning the program with the bishop, he decided that I would give a talk right before they´d be baptized. oh awesome, 1st baptism and 1st time giving a talk to an entire spanish-speaking audience. oh and we get a call that Pres. Marler and his wife would be there. and our entire district. it took about 3 aunt´s houses to track down Juan and we were running super fast to get a taxi. show up about 5 mins late. talk went well, my face has never been so red in my entire life! there were so many people there & spanish...yeah. they said the most simple and genuine words after their baptism and it was beautiful.

and yesterday they received the holy ghost and the ward´s already making plans with how they can help them and what acts of serving can be performed.
 
this week I really got lost in the work & have never been so happy!
 
con mucho amor,
hna.boody

No comments:

Post a Comment