Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 14





So after emailing on Monday, we went to the Aguilars for a Noche de Hogar. Little did we know, there were lots of Birthday decorations and after a lesson, a yummy cake. Then we went to our 2nd FHE and there was more cake! haha I love the El Bosque ward. Such nice members!! And the bishop from the ward and our mission president called too. Cake #2 was definately my favorite. haha favorite birthday yet!!
AAAND at our district meeting, there was MORE cake for me & Elder Nelson´s birthday. And it was Elder May´s last district meeting-so there were 2 cakes! haha classic.We taught Julio, Jose Luis, his friend, and Gloria. Anthony came with us for the lessons and was a great member to have accompany us. 


Wednesday we taught Juan Carlos & he´s getting closer to baptism!! And helped the primary kids clean the chapel. It was fun! We also taught Julio, Suzy, Samir, and Ximena. 
Thusday we had a special training meeting at the mission home for all of the Hermanas. It was great to see familiar faces and also get to know some of the other sisters. We had real-deal choco chip cookies and they were INCREDIBLE!! exactly what I´ve been craving for a month now. There was a hair & make-up demo. haha I had the chance to chop all my hair off, but eh not worth the hassle in the morning. At the very end, we played games & my comp and I won lotion as the prize. Also sis.marler threw the last prize like how brides do at wedding receptions and I caught it. a neck pillow-haha how handy. Elder Pulache, an elder in my zone is in the hospital and may need to have surgery. internal bleeding in his head. we´ve been praying a lot for him & he´s now out of intensive care.
Friday we went to Nueva and Chacarilla Barazza with Karina, an 18 year-old whose getting ready for a mission. We had 3 lessons with new investigators and it was a wonderful day pf teaching! she came over to our place & had dinner with us. Mammatina is in Lima again, so we wipped up some grilled cheeses and yogurt with fruit. haha after dropping her at her house around 8:30, we were walking to the Aguilars. As we were walking, I felt something holding me back-but thought for a moment that it was one of my friends messing with me or something. but then I realized I don´t know anyone in Trujillo. My messenger bad swung from behind my back, to in front of my face-gripped by a man whose face I couldn´t see all too well-it was pretty dark and he had a hoodie on. I gripped my bag and yanked it out of his hands after a few seconds. I was shouting in english "what are you doing?!?" and "get off of me!". He ran off, since my companion and other people in the street were also yelling. Ugh it was such an awful surprise. We went to the Aguilars and explained what had happened. My poor companion was crying, she was really startled and shook-up. This has never happened to her before that night! I was a little startled, but just grateful that I have strong biceps to yank it out of his hands. There was no way he was gonna take my triple!! We don´t think he had a gun or anything....my hands were shaking a little during planning that night. Thankful for Heavenly Father´s protection & took some stuff out of my bag...

Saturday we taught my Peruvian Abuelos, Josefina and Julio. Josefina´s baptism is this saturday and Julio is ready, but has been a slacker too...act on your faith! 

Like yesterday he bailed on us, when we came over to walk with him to church. About the third time its happened...slacker! The consejo de barrio offered some good ways to help. Also, on wednesday, we´re being put in a trio, with my companion also training another hermana. exciting!

Love you all & hope your enjoying the classic humid NOVA summer,
Hermana Boody

also I gave Elder May a bunch of letters to send in the US, so look out for one to the whole family this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment