Friday, August 30, 2013

Week 16


Familia,

I thought life of a college student was crazy, but boy was I wrong!! Life of a missionary is INSANE, but I love it. Haha just trying to work as hard as I can and invite others to come unto Christ. A lot happened this week, I`m not really sure where to start…

Something that happened last week-for some reason when I was praying on Sunday night, I felt prompted to pray for Mom`s health-specifically. Of course, I always pray for our family, but I don`t know-this was different. And after when I was trying to get to sleep, it just couldn`t escape my mind. I felt really close to Mom and just full of love.  Then, the next day when I was reading all the emails that I had printed, it all made sense. It was really neat, nothing like that has ever happened to me before. Just thought you would like to know that I was worried about you and had reason to!

I have such a great love for these people of Peru!!! Especially our recent converts and investigators, I`m so worried about them and how they can improve their relationship with Heavenly Father. Especially Juan and Carlos, they remind me so much of Rex & Grant. Such rascals sometimes, but love them like a brothah! And at church yesterday, trying to keep track of Juan, Carlos, Juan Carlos, Sol, and Josefina. Haha crazy!
 
When we were playing futbol on Monday, I rolled my ankle and it was swollen for a few days, but its lots better now. We went to the Apiat & Plaza again for P-day-it was fun to show Hna. Gonzales around and see such beautiful buildings. Also saw the District Leaders area as we were walking back to our area.

I`m really grateful for our bishop in the El Bosque ward! We meet with him weekly and has some great suggestions with what we can do with the ward to help our investigators and recent converts! And we just got a new ward missionary leader, who helped us plan for our baptism on Saturday.
We had a lot of opportunities for service this week! We helped the RS clean the church one morning, helped Jose Luis with math hw, his mom Sandra with cooking, teaching Franklin English, and the Aguilars with their windows in the kitchen.

Nueva Barraza. We went twice this week and taught Juan and Carlos and their neighbor Lucila. Those spinny top toy things are really popular with the kids in Peru and Carlos would spin it, then put it in our hands and see how long it could keep spinning for.  Lucila always looks after her 2 grandkids and they run around with sharp objects in their hands…haha reminds me of home.
We started to teach Josefina`s daughter and her granddaughter is a less-active member. Mi abuela is doing well, she`s always so excited to see us.

Juan Carlos got baptized on Saturday! I directed the music, Hna. Huaman with a talk, and Hna. Gonzales played a special musical number on the guitar. Very special night and it was humbling to see how nervous Artemio was, our new ward missionary leader, conducting the meeting. It was really sad, the Aguilars gave us a ride so we could take Jose Luis back home and no one was there. We prayed, his neighbor showed up, and told us that his parents weren`t there. Mom was MIA and Dad was out drinking in the street. No wonder he doesn`t respect them and is rebellious! Man I worry about Jose Luis a lot, he needs some good friends with the youth in the ward.

From Thursday night to Friday night, I was on an exchange/intercambio with the sister training leader-hna.balcaza in her area of Palermo. It was great to trade places with Hna. Skirvin and see a different area! We were very successful with Alzar La Voz, in an Elders area. The pensoniesta in Palermo is BOSS!! There was FRUIT!! I seriously ask our pens everyday for it, and there never is any…we`re looking for a new pens and room before the first of September.  One of the investigators in Palermo is so boss!!  Has really good questions and stood up for what she has found to be true for herself when people said bad stuff about our religion. I wish she was my investigator! Haha gonna be such a great missionary one day!!!!!!!! I was thankful to spend time with Hna. Balcaza and be able to see things from a different perspective.

I`m forgetting a lot, but time`s up. Love you more than a Peruvian loves beer!
Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Boody

No comments:

Post a Comment