Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 71

 My companion is hilarious. I have one transfer more in the mission than her and last monday I completed 16 months in the mission. she wrote me a cute letter, but got confused and wrote everything with the number of 14 cause she has 14 months. it was hilarious.

a cute old couple hat we met on wednesday, his wife´s blind, so he helps her walk around town. married 70ish years. the CUTEST!!!

 A missionary´s best friend are post-its so you can just imagine our joy to be opening up a fresh new pack!!

A bunch of school kids that kept  saying hi and hello. haha presh,.

A of our investigatoes, mirko and amada after teachign them about the book of mormon. rosita, who had been serving as a woonderful ward missionary, always accompanying us and now its her turn!! she´s on her way today to mexico to serve her mission!!!

 Classic women from the chacra, farm. and all the electricity went out one afternoon so we ate dinner by the candle-light.

 I just have to tell you all how hilarious and wonderful my companion is. de verdad, ella es super chistosa Y una de mis amigas mas especiales aki en la mision. she cracks me up all the time!!

Have I ever explained how peruvian dogs sometimes remain me of dobby from harry potter?? so nasty.

 Off to mexico!! man our ward´s gonna miss her!!!

 My heart is just so full of gratitude right now. for this opportunity and sacred time to serve, for my Savior, and for these people that I have the privelege of teaching and strengthening their testimonies. this week was just simply wonderful and I´ll try to remember all the little things that were so wonderful.

So I´ll tell you all about the greatest and happiest news in the whole wide world....

Well in the current slash my favorite ward here in chimbote, el carmen.....these members are incredible and I love their desires for righteousness. One family in particular, has really impacted me. Familia Jimenez. Nelly is an alma rescate, her husband is a recent convert of a few months and they have 2 kids. We always feel such a special spirit whenever we visit them and have such great love for them. and we´ve been helping them prepare to be sealed as a family.  We´re helping them prepare to be sealed as a family in November.

We had interviews this weeka and I asked if there was any way possible that I could be there at their sealing, in the Lima templo. Justo its just a few days of when the transfer ends and when my group will all be shipped home from Lima anyway. November 22nd will mark the 1st year as a member for Alejandro, the husband, so thats the soonest that they can all enter the temple and be sealed for the eternities. 

And he said YES!!! so the plan is that I´ll head from chimbote to trujillo for the despidida and everything with my group thats going home, but will serve for a few days longer in a trio or something until I need to fly from trujillo to lima for the ward temple trip on the 22nd. be there with them for the entire day, THREE temple sealings and a bunch of members entering for the 1st time, then after everything, the ward wants to take me to the airport in Lima to head back to the states. our pensioniesta will be my temporary companion during the time in Lima.

Can you believe it?? I still, barely can. seriously. a TEMPLE SEALING!!! it´ll be my very 1st one to see, let alone in SPANISH!!! and of course mamma alicia and I will do more temple work before the sealing too. 


Honestly, folks, it really doesn´t get much better than this. ive been just bouncing off the walls with pure joy since I got the ok, haha prez. marler called his personal secretary during our interview and everything to make sure that he´s change my flight. ha said that it would be a perfect way to finish a wonderul mission. 

The family jimenez  doesn´t know yet, Im gonna tell em at our fhe tonight. so stinkin excited...!!! 

Well that brings me to the favor part. the mission and especially our ward are stressing a lot on the importance of family history work and bringing our own family names to the temple. i recently filled out this handy-dandy booklet, but familysearch.org doesn´t have all the info that I need. MOM, pleaseee call Ann Louise today and ask her to put on familysearch.org ALL the information that she has so that I can see what family names I can print off to take to the Lima temple!!!!

Please and thank you. love you all so very much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment