Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 56



So there´s probably about a million plus things that I want to tell you all about, but I should probably start with the most important and shocking...

Holy cow so I got a phone call last night from the office last night and I´m gonna be OPENING a new area in the mountains!! 5 hour bus ride from where I´m at right now. rains a lot, but they just entered into the dry season.  Church isn´t established, like at all. we´ll be starting from the ground up!! its the most isolated, furthest-away part of the mission in Peru!! no chapel, ward, or branch. its called Santiago de Chuco 2. my district leader will be 4 hrs. away from us, so I don´t know how we´ll have district meetings...there´s no baptismal font since there´s no church, so we´ll travel half an hour to a volcanic hot springs in order to baptize. ahhhh opening an area?!?!? CRAZY, right?!?!

We´ll be co-companions, no jr. or sr. comp cause we´ll be opening the area together!!! ahhhhhhh couldn´t get any sleep last night-I´m so stoked!!!

My companion is Hna. Gonzalez from Argentina, but I´m not quite sure which Hna. Gonzalez cause there´s 2 that are both from Argentina...oh also my zone leader is Elder Boekweg, whom I´ve been serving with for the past 6 transfers here in our ward of Monserrate. so at least I´ll know one of my new zone leaders!! thus far people have said to bring rain boots and a warm jacket and that the food´s not as delicious in the sierra. ahhhh until tomorrow, we´ll see!!! 

To see how beautiful the sierra is, check out the blog!!



After 6 transfers, 3 companions, and one trained hermana-I´m saying goodbye to Monserrate, Trujillo!!! how crazy. lots of saying goodbyes and figuring out how I´m gonna fit everything in my 2 suitcases...always the problem-right? saying goodbye to the members, less-actives. investigators, and recent convert´s gonna be tough. especially Jose. I bought a mini PMG for him to use in his mission prep class at the institute. and gonna give him my scripture cases. 

Church yesterday was simply wonderful, hna. diana trujillo is leaving tomorrow for her mission in Bolivia and I could feel so strongly a spirit of this incredible work of salvation. I bore my testimony, well kind of a goodbye too cause I had a feeling that I´d be leaving the area. it was such a miracle, 2 less actives came to church for the 1st time in a looong time, we taught their family earlier in the week and I was so glad to see them there!! familia ramos cabanilla, super awesome family!!!  miracles all around, THATS for sure!!! 

Sonia´s doing really well, will be baptized on the 14th, same wk-end of stake conference. sad that I´ll miss it, but so happy for her progress and progress thus far for this big step and convenio con su padre celestial. 

The stake put on this awesome activity last night, ¨noche con presidente.¨except Prez. Marler couldn´t make it:( it was so awesome! all of the missionaries in my zone sang with the kids and it was so beautiful. they all got ¨futuro misionero¨name tags and it was legit!! eduardo looked so happy and his mom Susana and mamma transito of course were there too! it was absolutely wonderful!!! 

Oh man in was HILARIOUS...we taught a woman named Ana, that I met and talked to when we were printing pictures last week in centro. so we set the appt. and attempted to teach her. I say ATTEMPTED cause she seriously talked soooo much, we could BARELY get a word in. seriously. I was dyinngggg. my patience ran out after the 10 minute tyrant about her 2 sons, all about how she doesn´t want them to spend time with ¨personas de la calle.¨haha ¨people off the street¨. oh man. plus it was late and we wanted to have a few minutes to visit la familia malca. my companion and I were laughing our heads off after!!!!


HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY REX!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clark, look out for a MTC survival kit package! I had a sweet hook-up here in Trujillo to send ya a little somthin´somthin´. 

looove you and will tell ya all about the beautiful Peruvian mountains next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment