Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 60



It looks like grant went to the emergency room/hospital room..? ouch! I took pictures of everyone`s emails so that I can read everything later, so I`m not really sure what happened there. Oh I forgot to explain, the picture with all the colorful hearts on the window above my desk was a letter that hna. Martinez, she wrote me a letter among 100 hearts all scrambled with numbers on the other side to put together. So nice! Like the talk by Elder Richard G. Scott, it was so cool to read after putting it up on my window.
 
 
So not gonna lie, leaving Santiago de Chuco was really rough, I miss everything about it. Our restaurant pensoniesta, margarita who agreed to never serve us rice, the stars at night that were absolutely gorgeous, the fact that EVERYONE knits sweaters, people from the Chacra that rock their pants with skirts and huge hats that stare at me on the streets, the fact that everyone owns at least a chicken, pig, and 5 dogs, the ridiculously annoying Jaime Pena music for his political campaign…basically everything about the little pueblito. It was sooo chill, which I LOVED!! The people super humble and receptive, we were able to teach TONS!! Even the kinda weird things, like how everyone thought that Elder Boekweg and I (the Americans) were gonna steal the kid`s organs-yeah that’s another story in itself. Oh and one time a drunk followed us home and I slammed the door in his face. Eh whatever, harmless. Otuzco has a BUNCH of more daily drunks.
 
Crazy, right?!? Opening and closing and area. Didn`t have time to say goodbye to everyone, but the ones that we did visit were super sad and confused that we were leaving so fast. Yeah me too a bunch of them cried and our pensoniesta called us a couple of times to see how we`re doing. Aww man I miss them all so bad! Its ironic, we were only there for 3 weeks but I seriously just fell in love with the pueblo, people, and everything.
 
Otuzco is aight, but its really different from Santiago de Chuco. still the mountains, so still absolutely gorgeous. got sick and almost fainted/passed out, but feeling better now...Clark`s package came at the perfect time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! except I wasn`t feeling well enough to eat any chocolate. maybe today!!
 
Love you all very much and am thankful for all of your examples! gave a talk and lead the hymns

in the  branch yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment