Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 47



HUUUUUGE CONGRATS ON AJ GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHH how awesome that our family´s on fire with missionary work! what an amazing blessing in his life. he looks so happy and how fun to have hunter home:) 
 
How is tomorrow April fools? that's a joke right there in itself. crazy. so I´ve seriously had the weirdest dreams lately! just about every night. one of them, we were all teaching alexandra gaiduk the gospel (which I don´t know how would be possible, we all interrupt each other normally) and I was talking to her in Spanish. so random. the weirdest part is waking up and realizing that I´m in a third-world country preaching the gospel. then we go running at the parque and I tell my companion all about it in Spanish, using imperfect and preterite tenses! 
 
Something cool that we´ve been doing as a district, we each have a list of names in our room of people that we´re teaching (investigators and less-actives). all 6 of us are each praying them specifically, many times each day, and we´re seeing miracles.

Also, as a zone we´re studying a different Christ-like attribute from preach my gospel each week. the first week it was patience, which I certainly applied when we were at the clinic for 3 days in a row. haha and this week was diligence. its awesome to focus on it thru the week during personal and companionship study and during our zone mtngs, share what we´ve learned and how to apply it. 

My Spanish scriptures are so trashed. after 10 months of using them everyday, the block of pages separated from the bind and pappa roger glued it back together. then yesterday, my water bottle wasn´t screwed on right and they got soaked! so now the pages are all crinkly. oh well, I´ll just wait for the resurrection. 
 
But speaking of scriptures, I´ve been finding such treasures each morning. like how Jesus worked so long and hard to teach the Jews, but they rejected him and only a few decided to follow him. they had JESUS as their teacher and were still rebellious, I figure I´ll suffer a little too. 

There´s a 90 year old in the ward who was in the hospital for 20 days and we visited her this week, she was resting in bed, while her granddaughter was massaging her sore hip and we sang a hymn and prayed for her. she turns 91 a few days after I turn 22. 

The women´s general mtng was so awesome!! we brought a new investigator named Gabriella. I especially liked the song medley and the cool video of people singing I am a child of god in so many different languages all throughout the world. I think I spotted miss. han-han hannah jane hintze in the audience at the conference center, but it could´ve been my eyes playing a trick on me. 
 
 
Sandra turned 8! (the daughter of our pensionista, the family that we live with). we made a cute little card for her and all ate torta helada with her family. I absolutely LOVE that we´re so tight with the Cubas family. that's probably one of the best parts of my area. coming home from a looong day of work to my peruvian family. ghiada gives me lots of cheek kisses and mamma Blanca has a GIFT of cooking!!! She made us Oreo milkshakes the other morning for breakfast, haha
 



Love ya all tons and hope you have a fun day! we´re headed to salaverry to take out $$ for the month, watch a movie, eat lunch together as a zone, hike this cool mountain thing near the beach, and play volley. paz Y amor"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we put together a surprise breakfast to celebrate hna. martinez´s 1 ano in la mision! crazy how I´ll have a year in may!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment