Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week 44




This week was craaaaaazy!! first of all, literally cannot believe that our Clark Daniel´s headed to TOKYO, JAPAN on his mission!!! I watched the video about 3 times, cause I could hardly believe what I heard!! I am soooo excited for you and I bet mom is BEYOND thrilled that one of us is headed to where she served! mom and dad are even now, one kid serving in Spanish and one in Japanese. we won´t be seeing each other for 3 years, but it´ll be so awesome to be out serving the Lord together. CONGRATS man, I´m so happy for you:) 
Some other BIG new, I´m going to be TRAINING a brand-new missionary fresh outta the MTC this transfer!!!! I got the call from our new AP on Sunday and am full of excitement and nerves. we had a trainer mtng last night and I meet her this afternoon.there´s only 4 hermanas coming this transfer, so its a huge privilege and sacred responsibility. Hna. Semorile saw the pictures and told me she´s bolivian, but that's all I know:)
Got some blood tests and a sonogram last week, but haven´t heard that results yet...we had to get blood drawn while fasting 3 times, each half an hour apart and I almost passed out during the last one. rockin´a really cute bruise from where they drew blood the 1st time. 
Henry got baptized! it went really well and we were really grateful that there were a lot of members already there when we came!! it was the 1st baptism that we had with our new 81 year-old mission leader:) wahoo for the first and last baptism with hna. semorile.
This week was full of a lot of sad goodbyes with hna. semorile with lots of members and investigators she´s gotten close with during her short time serving here. It was crazy hectic getting everything ready and packed up to head off back to Lima. miss you already!!

Since sending her off on Sunday afternoon, I've been in a trio with the other hnas. that serve in our ward. except on Sunday night, we got a call from our zone leader asking if I could spend the night with Hna. Oldroyd in the clinic until Monday morning. Poor thing is recovering from Typhoid fever! We´re already friends and was really fun to spend time with her! we stayed up just talking until 2 in the morning. please pray that she´ll be able to feel better and get her health and strength back up!!
So yesterday for p day, I was at the clinic until about 1pm, when they were able to send over another hna. to be with hna. oldroyd to switch me out. I met back up with my district with hna. watkins and we went to this really pretty little zoo with loads of flowers and animals. a Peruvian botanical garden at its finest! then I had a training meeting at the mission home for all the new trainers. I´m with hna. estrada right now who´s from Lima and also training this transfer. she spent the night here and we´re headed back to the mission home this afternoon to have lunch with our new companions and more training meetings.
I´m really excited to meet my new companion and welcome her to the lovely area of monserrate 2. hna. estrada and I are probably gonna get really cheesy and get the room all decorated for her arrival. and some cleaning. Papa roger and mamma Blanca are seriously the GREATEST family ever, I know they´ll just love her and will feel so loved here:) 
well that's about it. Sent off my companion to her casa and am welcoming another today! oh the circle of life. or rather the circle of the mission life. its awesome and all so exciting. just think, right after I hit my year mark, Clark will be embarking on his mission to JAPAN!!! 2 missionaries out, double the blessings-right?
I love you all tons and hope you have a beautiful week, stay tuned to the mission blog so you can see pictures of who I´ll be training!!
 
Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Boody







No comments:

Post a Comment