Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 43



Dearest Fam-Jam,

Thank you Rex for sending me pictures! wow, McKay and Rex look HUGE. aaaand Clark will be getting his mission call on Wednesday?!? loco. sorry to hear about mom breaking her arm! yikes, I hope the boys are helping you out while you have the cast. sorry I´m not home to help, but I´ll fast for you today:) I love you mom! 

My new pensoniesta is the GREATEST! Roger and Blanca Cubas are my wonderful family here in Monserrate. I love that we all eat together, with their 3 kids and there´s just so much love. her meals are delicious and its so nice to only have to go to the end of the hall to eat. we´re getting fabricio, sandra, and giada excited about reading the Book of Mormon, esp. since sandrita´s turning 8 at the end of the month and we´re getting her ready for her baptism! we´re truly blessed:) 
 
We had a really good fhe with Luis and la familia azabache last week. It makes me sad how he talks about how he always feels lonely, but he´s getting to be friends with more members which should help. Plus I talked about institute, which would be perfect for him to attend!! He turned 57 this week and we got a few members to sign a birthday card. the electricity went out yesterday morning, so he couldn´t make it to church cause his clothes weren´t ironed yet:(

Vanessa & Jose. Doing well, we shared with them the Proclamation this week and they made it to church yesterday!! but I think its gonna take forever for them to get married cause they have soo many family members that they´d want there and need to work to save up to afford it:( 

Cesar. He´s doing a little better everyday! still always talks about a headache and that his heart hurts, although the doctors haven´t found anything wrong. he trusts us a lot and shared with us something that happened that explains a little bit about why he´s super shy and scared-ish. went with his abuelita to her church yesterday:( we also had the chance to teach him with his little brother too and they´re grandfather just passed away, so we shared the beautiful message of the plan of salvation. 

Henry. His baptism is this Saturday!! progressing more and came to church yesterday with his dad.we gotta teach him a lot this week, but I´m looking forward to it! preparing him to make eternal covenants with Heavenly Father.

this week, we´ve been visiting a leader from each of the aux. org. each night this week and its been great! yesterday, all of us missionaries in the ward and some members of ward council got to know the limits of the ward, since they recently changed. we walked in such cool parts of Trujillo for 2 hours, our ward is huge! poor elders were still fasting:( its still SO HOT here! and our fan just broke...just our luck, right? 

Our district has become super close, I love the wonderful examples that they are to me! and its been awesome to get so tight, esp. cause my companion´s peacin´ out next Tuesday. we put together an awesome going home kit with cute stuff like addressed envelopes to write us, silly string, chocolates, sandals, lip gloss, etc. TRUNKY. haha did 2 service projects together this week: cleaning a combi and cleaning clothes and the house of a family that has 4 children with downs syndrome. I love the opportunities that we´re blessed with to serve others. 


I´m so thankful for this incredible gospel. I love the Book of Mormon and the strength that I´m able to receive everyday from reading more about my Savior. I know He lives and loves us so very much. I challenge each of you who happens to read this blog entry to share your love of the savior with someone this week, brighten their day! Happy March folks, this hermana´s got some shopping to do today:)









No comments:

Post a Comment