Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 42



A wonderful and super sunny week! Here´s how everyone´s doing:
 
Luz is moving this week, so we´re loosing her as an investigator:( 

We visited Cesar this week, but he wasn´t feeling well and couldn´t make it to church. 

Henry´s baptism date has been postponed again cause he didn´t come to church yesterday:( we visited yesterday about how he needs to take this a little more seriously. 

Gloria, Flavia, Cristina, and Tula (less-actives) are all doing well and coming to church again! 
 
had an awesome alzar la voz en la campiña, our district leader´s area. we taught a recent convert and her mom with 2 members from the ward that accompanied us. gave service in the house and got some lucuma down from the trees. its a sweet fruit that they make marcianos and cremoladas with.their area is so beautiful! I worked with Hna. Martinez from Chile. 
 
Us 4 hermanas visited a bunch of members and less-actives this week so the members in my area can know the other companionship too. Also, us with the 2 elders that work in the office made plans to visit each leader from each aux. organization to get to know each a little better and see how we can more effectively serve each. There was a lot of contention in ward council this week with activities that we want to plan, so hoping that if we visit and get to know each, we´ll be able to be more united and work together. 

I´m so grateful that its P-day!!! I threw up a few times last night and at 2am this morning, so I´ll be getting some much-needed rest today. My district leader´s going to give me a health blessing after we finish emailing. Oh man I haven´t felt this out of it in a really long time and I don´t know why, but I think I´ll feel much better tomorrow. I had a really strong headache yesterday and took medicine with a little bit of bread at our landlord´s house when I started to get super dizzy and nauseated. Then my face started to sweat and I felt like I was going to vomit. Hno, Roger went out to buy chocolate and juice cause they were talking about how pale my face was and that sugar helps elevate blood pressure, when I threw up in their family room. I felt so bad! aaaall over their pillow and floor. and my pajamas. classic. Hna. Blanca and my companion were so nice and helpful while I showered. and then this morning I felt the same and threw up again. not really sure why...we ate pappa rellna last night and I put a lot of ahi on it. and there´s this Peruvian culture idea that when someone talks really strong to you, your body feels the bad energy or spirit or something. yesterday our current pensoniesta talked kinda strong and direct with us about why we were changing and my companion thinks thats why my body freaked out last night. I don´t know if I buy it, but either way-I felt awful. our future pensoniesta that we´ll be going to the 1st of march has been such an angel. she made us breakfast this morning, but I still don´t feel well enough to eat anything. and my companion studied nursing before her mission, so that's been a huge tender mercy too! 

Time is absolutely flying by and its crazy to think of how quickly transfers are coming up! Its sad to be planning out the last week that my companion has on her mission. I don´t want her to go! oh man i never want to be released from my calling to be serving as a full-time missionary. I never want to leave this incredible people of Peru, they mean everything to me. I never want to come home, which is why I always try to enjoy everyday and live it to the fullest cause I know whether I like it or not-this greatest adventure has an ending. that's my 2 cents, make the most of every situation and just be happy. 

The gospel is the pathway to that happiness. It´s how we can progress: forgive and move on. Jesus Christ has already paid the price, there´s no need to suffer. Through repentance, we can be made clean and be more like the Savior. I´m so grateful for this infinite atonement that allows us to progress and change. I love my Heavenly Father and the joy that His love brings to my life. I love you all tons and hope you know how thankful I am for everything:all your support, prayers, thoughts, encouragement, and love. take care and have a delightful week!!!


PAZ Y AMOR









No comments:

Post a Comment