Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 39

Guess who`s leading our huge area of Monserrate 2 in Trujillo, Peru with my new companion?!? yours truly:) haha its been a crazy challenging, but wonderful week!!  So much has happened, I don`t even know where to start.



Monday we ran around like crazy saying goodbye to everyone. Made cool earrings with Jose, a bunch of family home evenings, and pizza with a local chef. LOVE the Felipe family!! It didn`t really hit me that she was headed off to Esperanza and that I`d be continuing to serve in the area with a new companion until we prayed to leave for cambios and the chapel and it hit me. We experienced a TON together and it was bittersweet to say goodbye.
I have to tell you something really special about these cambios. On Tuesday morning, when the herd of missionaries were at the stake center to pick up/drop off companions, hna. marler took me aside. She said that very rarely she puts input with cambios, but felt really strongly to talk with President Marler. When president Marler put our pictures together on the huge board of all the missionaries, it felt right. the Holy Ghost verified that we needed to be companions. Hna. Marler told me about what an incredible missionary Hna. Semorile is and that she has a wonderful way of teaching the gospel. aaaaand also President wants me to be training a new missionary next transfer....ahh one thing at a time as dad always says:) 
With that being said...My new companion is Hna. Semorile from Lima. She`s on her very last transfer, I`m her last companion:) I`m already really thankful to be able to learn a TON from her. She has an incredible way of teaching the gospel and super willing to help me with Spanish.  We started reading el libro de mormon juntas & its helped with my pronunciation. Learning a lot everyday about how I can be a more effective preach my gospel missionary. I love her energy, humor, and love!! 

Here`s how everyone`s doing:

Vanessa & Jose. want to start a business-store or something to earn money to pay for a wedding. they have a cajillion family members that would want to come and its gonna cost a lot:( so...waiting for them to have a better income to get married to get baptized...waiting game:) 

Julio, little 9 year old that I`ve been teaching for months finally came with us to church yesterday!! It took awhile to get the mom`s trust:) he loved the primary and already has lots of friends! 

Flavia. we took her to a RS activity that they had and she loved it! her and another less-active came to all 3 hours of church together, wahoo!!!

Found 2 new investigators this week, an answer to many of my prayers and fast!! 







We had a really fun ward activity and continuing to work better and better with our ward council and leaders!

My poor companion had a fever this week, so I arranged splits with hna. marnit and hna. fidencia. 


love you all tons and hope all is well! sorry I `ll write more next time. always short on time yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment