Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Week 40 Part 2












 
 
 
 
 
yeah..so I don´t know what happened yesterday, but the email that I was working on somehow didn´t send and tampoco got saved in drafts:(

had a wonderful week! 

1st, CONRATS mom on finishing your personal progress!!! how wonderful:) and now you can help the other young women work on earning their medallion too! I wear mine tons and its a great reminder of all the goals and projects that I completed in order to earn it and the testimony that grew all along the way. 

how awesome that AJ´s getting baptized! make sure he gets super involved with the YSA, its really hard to be a recent convert, when all of your friends don´t understand your decision at first. 
Last pday we all ate lunch as a district at this restaurant off avenida espana and my companion and I both woke up in the middle of the night super sick. took some good meds, disgusting electrolyte drink stuff, and 4 days of frequent bathroom trips to bounce back. oh man it was bad. stomach´s a little better these days:)

Got a jackpot with the mail this week, thank you so much for everything! I need to organize a service project with Prez for all the dental hygiene things.

Bishop had us over to make tacos and pizza and it was oh so wonderful. I miss Mexican food so much! Chipotle, Cafe Rio, Red Iguana, basically just guacamole and tortillas in general. it was so perfect!! 

Yesterday, there were a TON of people at church!! it was the first time that i saw the overflow open since stake conference. a lot of the aux. organizations have been re-organized with new leaders and i love their energy for this work of salvation! esp. the relief society! they have some awesome activities planned and its incredible to see them come together:) 

Today we went to the museo de huaca and sol! walked loooots and the sun was really strong. I love the history of moche and its awesome to see all the little crafts and things that they had on display. 

I reached my half-way point this week! 9 meses el la mision! i´ve already grown and changed so much. had so many incredible experiences that I will never ever forget. people that have completely changed my life and i just KNOW that i needed to meet them. I am so incredibly grateful for my mission. yeah-its way hard and sometimes i get overwhelmed and frustrated, but I´ve also had some of the sweetest memories and experiences in all my life. happy 9 more months of moments that will forever change my life and lives of others too. the lovely and super trunky hna. semorile wrote me a nice note and left my favorite chocolate bon o bon on my pillow:) also our awesome landlord family made cRePES!! ahh they were perfect with manjar blanco and fried bananas. favorite food ever. I love hna. blanca and hno. roger! we´re thinking of changing pensoniestas since it would save a TON of time!

Gloria & stefanie. gloria is less-active, but has been coming to church a lot more lately! Stefanie is her 21 year old daughter that we´ve been teaching about the Book of Mormon. they both came to sacrament meeting and Gloria came with us to a family home evening that we had last night. she´s learning English, so I helped her a little bit with her pronunciation this week. 

Jose. still rock star recent convert! started back up with his classes this week and we´re so grateful for the strong testimony he shares to the lessons that he accompanies us. 

Henry. Pablo calderon, recent convert,´s son. he had the baptism date of Feb 15th, but needs more time. interested and learning just at a little bit of a slower pace. 

Julito. super cute 9 year old that I´ve been teaching for ages. the ward had a paseo and he went and had an awesome time! already has lots of friends in the primary, super receptive and we´ve been reading the Book of Mormon super slowly so he´ll understand it. love Julio, reminds me of grant!

Had a super awesome experience with a woman named Jannet that we felt impressed to talk with and share the plan of salvation, justo her husband passed away 15 days ago.
We´ve been working really hard as a team, so we can find new investigators! love you all and hope all is well! feliz dia de amistad! love you all tons! xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment