Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 34


ahhhh it was so incredible to talk to all of you and see everyone´s faces!! wow-everyone looks already so bigger and more grown-up. especially McKay! I love how we all still interrupt each other and I´ve missed all the chaos:) skyping was the GREATEST. It was just what I wanted for Christmas and gave me more of a desire and push to truly serve with all of my heart, might, and mind!

forgot to mention-Rolando Falabella´s in the Liahona!! page 23! He´s in Guatemala? at least I´m pretty sure its him, he´s holding an umbrella:) check it out!

On Monday night, we were having a fhe with the Heredia´s and Luis Galvez. they invited him to spend Christmas with them and he mentioned something about having a surprise for us the next day...we were really intrigued and wondered what it could be. my companion felt that it would be him accepting baptism and I wanted it so badly to be it, but also didn´t want to get my hopes up either. so the next night, Christmas eve-we had a lesson with him and Jose accompanied us. we were talking about the Atonement and baptism, Jose bore strong testimony and the spirit was really strong. Then he reminded us of the surprise that he had told us about yesterday when we were teaching about baptism and he told us the absolutely wonderful news of accepting to be baptized, he´s given it a lot of thought and really feels that its right. January 11th, wahhooooo!! it was the absolutely best gift that we could´ve gotten for the celebration of the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ. 
 
Speaking of CHRISTMAS...seriously the BEST Christmas EVER!! thank you Oakton Ward YW (and mom) for the package!!! Holy cow-I don´t know what I´m gonna do with 9 packets of insect repellant wipes. haha...but thanks:) the new flats are really cute! yáll are the greatest!! spent Christmas eve with all the missionaries in our zone at the zone leader´s pensonieta´s house. chicken, pappa fritas, hot cocoa, MICROWAVABLE popcorn, paneton, and SMORES!! yes, it was truly bliss. 
 
And on Christmas day, all the missionaries in Trujillo spent it together with President and Sister Marler for a few hours in the morning. talent show with hilarious skits and singing, spiritual fireside, time for testimonies, and cake to celebrate Jesus´ birthday! we saw pictures of the current temple construction and its gonna be 3 times as bigger as the temple in Lima! Its so incredible that we´re here to help prepare God´s children to enter into the House of the Lord and families can be together forever. A house of learning and a refuge from the world in which we can have strength and power.

I made a small notebook for my companion and a printed a picture of the both of us. She made me a lovely card and princesa chocolates! ahh they´re so tasty! did everyone like the chocolates that I sent home? hope so, bon o bons are like a peanut butter dream! 

So...Christmas night we had to be in our rooms early at 7, since the streets would be crazy and plus people would be celebrating their own Christmases with their families. we had just barely finished visiting Eduardo and Mamma Transito and it was 7, but my companion was walking towards another family in the ward since we had a card to give them. I was right about to say something, since we needed to be headed back, but ignored the impression, it would only be a few minutes to drop off the card and wish them a merry Christmas. while we were waiting for them to answer the door, I don´t know how, but my companion tripped on the street curb and her ankle rolled quickly under her foot. it all happened really fast, but man-it was BAD. she was crying, intense pain, and I didn´t know what to do cause I doubt that she could walk. hailed a taxi and called the zone leaders. the family that we live with helped me with helping her up the stairs. Ice, cream, and elevating it. Boy it was bad! super swollen, but I didn´t think it was broken. a perfect way to end Christmas, right? certainly memorable:)
 
Since then, the swelling has gone down, but its got some bruises and still really painful to walk on it. I was going to work with another Hermana in her area and her companion who also needs to rest and can´t work since she got her appendix taken out was gonna come to our area for about 4 days. but they had a baptism on Saturday that they both wanted to be there for...so been resting up in the room. the 1st day we couldn´t proselyte, I read 22 pages in the Book of Mormon! haha wahoo, I´ll defiantly be able to finish by Jan 9th! Yesterday after church, we were going to only visit with our apt with Jose, but ended up tracting like normal for the afternoon and now its worse.:( the other hnas. that also have our same pensoniesta have been bringing us meals, which has been super nice. there´s not a ton we can do, her ankle just needs lots of rest and time to fully heal. Probably will do splits tomorrow, so our area can still progress and I can go out with a member and teach while she rests in the room. our landlords have been super nice and its funny to see everyone offer up their two cents of advice as to what to do, since we haven´t gone to a clinic yet...please pray for Hna. Portillo! I want my companion back:) and a normal sized ankle.

I need to trust the spirit more and rely on the impressions that I receive! It was a lesson and hard experience that I needed to learn. Humbling and hard, each day. 

I know that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer, His love is for all and it was so special sharing His message during this time of Christmas. The Atonement is all about love and we can show our love, appreciation, and gratitude to Him by being obedient, serving, and using the Atonement. I used to think that the Atonement and using it was just for sins, but honestly we use the Atonement and the infinite powers of His life each and every day! Its the means by which we can improve and progress each day. Its the love that we can have for others and share with others. I´m so grateful for my Savior and His love and sacrifice for me.

Thank you for all your Christmas love and wishes!! It was such a fun and wonderful holiday and time to celebrate the birth, life, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Love you all more than you will ever know!  Merry Christmas to all and how CRAZY that we´ll be entering the year 2014...WHAAAAAT?!? when did that happen?!?! for real. absolutely nuts yo. be careful walking around sidewalk curbs this week, that's my best advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment