Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 33




awesome week!!!


José’s preparing for his interview to receive the aaronic priesthood and even accompanied us with some of our teaching appts this week, gettin`him ready to serve next year!! yeahhhh buddy!!!
Luis Galvez. Had a wonderful lesson with him and Jose bore strong testimony. he begged us to have a chocoletada (hot coco) and cheese from a city that he just got back from after we taught. it makes me sad to see how lonely he is, dad-whenever you think of how crazy and hectic our family is, just be grateful that you DO have a crazy and hectic life!! loads better than being home alone, all the time. 

Eduardo`s doing really well, such a stuff. his mom’s insisting that we visit tomorrow:) 

We had a ward Christmas devotional this week, well actually it was just eating a bunch of paneton and hot cocoa. haha its how you get èm to come! and watched a video about the Savior. It went well, Eduardo’s mom came!! people actually started to come and started about an hour and a half late...classic. 
We’ve been visiting a less-active named Tula and were teaching about Adam and Eve and the creation. my companion accidentally called her hermana eva and we couldn’t stop laughing. then tula said something about how my companion was gonna wet herself. oh man it was so hilarious. almost as good as when an investigator’s cat jumped on my shoulders and I screamed in panic. oh man there are so many stories that I forget to tell you all! I’ll make a list. 

My companion, hna. portillo, had a sonogram to see if there was anything funky in her stomach. nothing was found and we’re waiting to hear from the office if she needs to get another exam done which she would need permission from her mom cause it would involve anesthesia. man I’m good at spelling....she’s feeling better, but still not 100%. sometimes tho she simply cracks me up! eats total junk food, then complains about an upset stomach later...I feel like that’d be a common-sense cause and effect reason to eat healthier...but no. haha I’ve never known anyone to love lays potato chips and coca-cola so much!! haha.
Its really tricky to work on her xmas present!! I started it while she was napping this morning, but still have to finish!! Our landlord is good with Photoshop and graphic designing, he did an awesome job with a picture of her that I’m gonna give to her and I asked them to buy a pillowcase that I’m gonna decorate. Quite useful, right?!? trying to make it a fun holiday for both of us, esp. cause its our both first and only Christmas away from home and on the mission!! we’ve been invited to a few houses for tomorrow, but too bad we can’t eat outside of our pensoniesta`s house:( well hot coco and paneton is ok, but not a dinner or anything. Which is too bad, cause a less-active family wanted to have us over to try guinea pig for Christmas! 

but we’re gonna have a dinner together as a zone tomorrow in Moche and making SMORES!! Really excited. it’ll be really wonderful. and on the 25th, we have a few hours with all the missionaries in Trujillo with prez and hna. marler where they’ll be a talent show and cake or something. HUGE thank you to the Oakton ward YW for the package!! haven’t opened it yet, but looking forward to it on Christmas morning!!!

Also thanks for the boy’s school pictures and Christmas card!! wow-McKay looks so handsome in braces and grant`s HUGE!!
The show in plaza de armas was AWESOME!! I was in the very front and it was just a tad intimidating singing in front of SO many people, but went really well! I got chills up and down my spine when the audience got really into some of the numbers and everything. it was so rad!! Saw loads of friends from the MTC and so wonderful seeing some of the missionaries that are serving in Chimbote!! ahh Hermana Human is on her last transfer and I’m thankful that I had a chance to say a final goodbye. she’s so incredible!! Saw some incredible people from my previous ward in el bosque too, it was wonderful!!!
2 people asked us for $$ for medical needs and I genuinely want to help èm out, but we can’t as missionaries:( 

And the guy that sells bread on the corner or Costa Rica and bobadilla is only 13 years old!! We pass by and say hi to him every night, but I didn’t realize how young he is! and works so many hours every day! 

a member’s grandson wants to be baptized, we had our first lesson with him yesterday and he’s such a precious 8 year old.

Merry Christmas and I can’t wait to see and talk with you all on CHRISTMAS!!!
paz Y amor yàll. eat extra choco for me:) and watch elf and aaaaall the home alone movies. and ice skating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment