Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Week 31


Dearest Boody Clan,
 
woooah this week was by far the CRAZIEST and BUSIEST in the mission thus far!! We had a training sort of thing in the morning for a service that we`ll be doing for the Municipal Peru Trujillo. It was hilarious. Basically we`ll be warning pedestrians and people crossing the street of incoming traffic and reminding them that they need to wait to cross the street and hold their kids hands. Haha oh peru....red lights don`t matter and people jump in front of traffic all the time. 
 
Then we had an awesome meeting with Elder Grow all day on Wednesday. Part of it was with our leaders in our ward too, which was wonderful. Learned a lot aaaaand pappa john`s bbq chicken pizza-yeah, thats what I`d like to call a successful day:)
 
Friday we had an alzar la voz in our area, where a few companionship's from the zone came and helped us look for old contacts and references. and in the night we had a noche de tortas activity with the ward. it turned out really well, a great opportunity for our investigators to meet members and for less-actives to get to know ward members as well. lots of fun games too, it was wonderful. 

Saturday we spent the morning doing service at Huanchaco, the popular beach of Trujillo. There were soooo many people and many people from the ward came and we all cleaned up trash on the beach. I found a shoe! Jose came along with the group that we went with the ward and had a grand old time! he`s made a lot of friends from the young single adult group and his baptism is this Friday!! he`s awesome and will make an incredible missionary in the future!!! he`s already planning on serving:) 
 
Yesterday was the primary presentation and Eduardo`s mom came to support him, he did such a wonderful job!! man I love Eduardo, he`s so precious. All the little kids sang so well and I had flashbacks of when I was singing with everyone and dad would make the most ridiculous silly faces and I couldn`t stop laughing and smiling:) 

So my companion and I will be talking with someone and when we find out they live outside of our area, of course we ask if other missionaries can visit them (we can take their contact info on a reference card) and all tooooo often, they ask like 50 times why can`t WE visit them and teach them at their house. haha we laugh and explain that our area is here and where they live is a different zone and that there are other missionaries serving there with the same message that we have to share. haha then they ask again, if WE can come instead. haha if it wasn`t so common or slightly creepy, I`d probably appreciate the flattery more. 

One of the elders who works in the office and serves in our ward was saying that he`d totally flip out if one of his daughters was serving here and if he knew how dangerous our area is. I mean I don`t say a lot about it cause I guess I`ve gotten used to it by now, but yeah....its pretty violent and people get killed daily. One of my favorite parts of our area, Pueblo Joven, people tell us all the time to stop going there and a police officer stopped us in the middle of the day and asked what we were doing there. we asked if there was a time that was specifically more dangerous and he said no, any time of the day is really dangerous and to be super careful. eh it just makes the our days extra exciting! especially when weird or random stuff happens, maybe one day I`ll tell you some stories:) 
 
Its starting to feel a little bit more like Christmas & I love it!! I made a paper chain to count down the days and some liahona pages to decorate the wall. we were able to watch the Christmas devotional yesterday and it was so beautiful and perfect, we`re bringing the world the happy message of the fact that Jesus is our personal savior and redeemer. I love this Christmas spirit that all can feel around this time of year, people are happier and more open to hearing our message of the restored gospel. 
 
 I absolutely LOVE this climate!! Its December and I use spf 55 on my face everyday. haha its weird, but the sunny weather is gorgeous:)
 
A few things before I forget:
-last Sunday I bore my testimony and although sometimes my Spanish is rocky and awkward, when I spoke and testified of the Savior, it was so smooth and natural. I challenged each family in the ward to think of and pray to know who they could give a book of Mormon to for Christmas. best part was that I accidentally closed my testimony with saying "in the name of your son, Jesus Christ, amen." haha oops...I`m just always in praying mode, that's all:)
-still can`t believe that Rex went to CA and UT for thanksgiving, thanks for the pictures!! 
-hna. downs, my mtc comp was super sick and they finally found out what was causing all the pain:3 hernias!! surgery in Peru, a few days of rest, and now she`s back in El Bosque and feeling a lot better. thank goodness!!!
 

a few things that would be nice to get for xmas:
-pictures and letters (I mean that's a year-round request, but thought I`d remind ya:)
-my YW torch, I believe its on the top of my dresser in my jewelry stuff. its a small oval-y gold pendant with the torch.holler if you can`t find it
-some dental flossers. the little plastic-y guys. super handy!
-recee`s pb cups. but I`ll probably splurge and cough up the 5 soles for a bag of the mini ones...
-any way you could look thru Grandma pearl`s huge photo albums in the basement and find my baptismal picture?? ahh that`s be awesome! laminated too would be perfect:)
-pentel R.S.V.P. FINE tipped pens. a few black and a few in color would be great.

I mean most of all getting to hear everyone`s voices and TALKING on the phone will be the absolute best gift that I could ever ask for:) cheesy I know, but its true! 

I`m so thankful to be apart of this church, truly I know that Jesus Christ is at the head of it and directs our work. I love the organization and how the different auxiliaries help people thru all the different stages of life. Lately, I`ve seen how incredible the young women`s program is and I`m so grateful for the countless HOURS that Marilyn Copans spent with me, in order to finish my personal progress.and now as I`ve been working on earning my YW bee, I`ve been able to see more fruits of my labor and have come to know the Savior even more thru reading the Book of Mormon.  I`m seeing how it is such an incredible program for the young women here in trujillo. The YW asked my companion and I if we could sing a special number for their night of excellence this sat and it`ll be wonderful to see the young women and their mothers come together to talk of the blessings of the gospel in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment