Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 10 - JUEGO FUTBOL EN PERU!!!! FINALMENTE


Mi Familia Y Mis Amigos!!

I feel like it would take me HOURS to say all I wanted to about Peru thus far, but I only have one:( Que lastima! Let´s see...

Provo. so my last few days in the Utah Provo Mission were WONDERFUL!! LOVE the people, my 2 companions, mission president, and especially my district!! Seriously the best district in the world, by far!! At our last district meeting, one of the Elders from Chile even bought a cake and rad balloons since I was leaving the next morning. So nice!! Love them to death and already miss the UPM. Also, ran into Hunter AND Clark at 7-11 on P-day!! Ahhhhh so wonderful to see family and give each a nice huge squeeze. Love you both and thanks for the slurpees! It was quite strange saying goodbye to people that I had come to know and love so much, even in a short amount of time. 

Traveling. Phew. So when I got to the SLC airport early Wed morning, I was told that there was a 3 hour delay with my flight to Atlanta. So instead of SLC, AT, Lima, Trujillo-it was going to be SLC, TX, ATL, Lima, then Trujillo. Except our flight from TX to ATL was an hour late, so I missed my flight to Peru. Me and another Hna. headed to a different mission in Peru stuck together and stayed at her relatives´ house for the night in Atlanta. Then we finally made it to Lima the next night. Super late after customs. Stayed in a hotel for the night, then on Friday, I was able to finally arrive in Trujillo and was greeted by the fabulous marlers at the airport in Trujillo.
PRO of the traveling chaos-we were able to attend the ATLANTA temple!!!!!!!!!! ahhh so wonderful, HUGE perk with the airline madness, AND had a bit of time to relax before hitting the ground running in Peru.

CON-One of my suitcases was at baggage claim in Atlanta, since we spent the night there I guess...but thankfully the other suitcase that I do have has about half of my clothes and toilitries. phew.

Lima/Trujillo. My 1st few hours in Peru were spent going to Immigration and National Police in Lima on Friday. Sitting, waiting, etc. Afterwards, we had lunch at pizza hut and I drank Inca Kola for the 1st time. good, but too sweet! And we had time to take some pics around the Lima temple, really pretty! The city was INSANE and the driving is quite scary, but kinda fun too. Maybe cause I´m a bit of an adreniline junkie, idk. It was kinda chilly since its winter and there were a lot of American places to eat, mostly fast food. 

Trujillo. LOVE this city!! In the Marler´s car on the way from the airport to their house to stay for the night, we drove past the temple and its gorgeous!! really hoping it gets completed before I leave. There´s dogs just lying all over the streets, like trash (there´s that too) really sad. The climate is nice, just a little chilly. The people are really kind, humble, and friendly. Contacting is fun now!! A group of girl teens yesterday asked for a picture with us yesterday, probably cause I´m the whitest person they´ve seen in person. jaja. no Americans around here, except the missionaries. People on the streets call me gringita. I know I´m a "Gringo", but a cool one, right? jaja whatever. Peruvians also try saying little things in English to be, quite entertaining. 

El Bosque. Is the name of the area that we are currently serving in! Many contacts that appear interested in learning more about the gospel. We walked with an investigator named Julio to church yesterday. He lives about 20 mins away on a super dusty road. 

Our pensoniesta is nice, we call her mammatina. Lots of rice and chicken. Last night she made this quinoa thing with pineapple and it was really good. My companion is wonderful, using LOADS of Spanish which is great!! We live really close to a bar, so its a bit hard to get to sleep some nights, but every night is a fiesta in Trujillo! 

Ward and members are really nice, introduced myself in RS. 

Met my district this morning, as we played futbol together at the chapel.

Coming to PERU has by far been the easiest transition, as strange as that sounds. REALLY LOVING PERU!!!!!!!! Defiantly seeing the Lord´s hands in many different aspects of my life and this great work. love you all!!!

Con Mucho Amor, siempre,

Hermana Boody

No comments:

Post a Comment