Monday, June 24, 2013

MTC - Week7






Dearest Familia Y Amigos,

Shout-outs.
Mom-thanks for the chapsticks! How did you know they're my favorite? love 'em. Also I got my dress you sent today-gracias!! I cannot believe that Hermana Evan's cousin's go to Fox Mill with the boys, how awesome!! She's fantastic:) We combated against our roommates' snoring together this week. love it.
Mckay-I really appreciated the "long live Harry Potter shout-out. Read D&C 38:13 and 28
Dad-thanks for taking care of my laptop. for the capital one stuff, Hunter can fix it if you give him my account info.
Grant-mom sent me a pic of you and your japanese immersion class. your such a stud little bruddah!!
Rex-Hope you had an awesome bday!!! Glad you liked the card:) I tried to be as gangstah as possible.
Hunt-HUGE thank you again for the sweet package!! Mangoes are almost gone haha. I love the nike workout top, so perfect!
Clark-welcome to Provo! Hope your enjoying living with Hunter and settlin' in. Good luck with your first week of college, you'll love it!! Wasn't The Pie delicious?!? My fave. love you man!

Provo. Alright so now that its been a few days since my temp. re-assignment, I've defiantly experienced a change of heart and attitude-which I really needed. I've realized that this is where the Lord wants me and I need to true of what I've said before-"I'll go where you want me to go!" I know that the Lord has me in mind and looks out for His missionaries, no coincidences. I think its quite rad that Clark flew out to start college here, the same exact day that I found out that I would be serving here!! How rad. I think serving in Provo will be really good for me and that I'll have the priviledge and opportunity of meeting some incredible people, if I continue to strive to work hard & try to see others as Christ
does. Plus its where mamma grew up!! I'm almost done packing and am anxious to leave tomorrow and start teaching-REAL investigators!! And meeting members:) It'll be exciting to email you next week & tell you all about it, I'm sure they'll be some great stories.

Peru. On Saturday, all 14 of the missionaries here that are going to the Trujillo, Peru mission were able to meet our new mission presidents (coming in July). They were SO genuinely happy to finally meet us, after months of studying our faces, names, and praying for all of us. Prez. Marler is really soft-spoken and genuine, I can tell he really has a deep conversion to the Gospel and our Savior. Sis. Marler is such a rockstar, she's kinda bubbly and gets really excited about things, at the end almost started dancing with excitement of when we'll be able to finally go to Peru and meet all the wonderful people there. She's a convert and has an incredible testimony. They brought deserts for us and we each bore our testimony en espanol, in a small classroom. It was crazy to realize how much more I was able to bear testimony of, than I could earlier when we were just barely learning the format for doing so. They told us some great things to know about Trujillo, like how wonderful the members are and how the mission always puts on a huge festival for Christmas with loads of music. And also things like how we can't eat the strawberries or lettuce. Also we don't do tracting. At the end, we all kneeled and prayed for the help of getting our VISA's. Meeting our wonderful Prez Y esposa and hearing all about Peru made me so happy and anxious to go!!! Its just a matter of when....I'm already really thankful for such humble and kind people in my mission! And I already LOVE the people in Peru, I know they will find so much joy in the gospel and joy in serving others. Also check out kurtandkathymarler.blogspot.com and kurtkath.blogspot.com :)

Teaching/Missionary Work. Missionary Work is revelatory work. There's not 1 plan or message for everyone, varies from person to person. PERSONAL APPLICATION!! The more you ACT on the spirit, the more guidance you'll receive. Lord's work, He knows best way to do it. EXACT OBEDIENCE. INVITE, don't just preach. (Our entire PMG purpose as a missionary). No missionary can acheive their full potential without member help!! This week, we had experience with how to answer hard/tricky q's, contacting, and practiced more teaching-even La Le De Castidad. It was kinda weird/random-we were walking around the MTC, practicing contacting and there was a photographer who knelt like right in front of me a few feet away and was snapping so many pictures. Papparazi much? Look out for me in Deseret news or something:)

Worldwide Leadership Broadcast.
Yesterday was the HUGE meeting at the Marriott Center with the First Presidency and Quorum of 12 conducting. Not sure if you watched it, but do so on lds.org!!!!!! It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! Now there are 405 missions and 173 new mission presidents called, that were all there for the meeting and at the MTC for other leadership mtngs. Many people from different countries were watching it and Elder Holland showed their live video too so he could say hi. We saw a small branch in Lima, Peru & they were so happy to be able to be shown on the broadcast. Holland said "from Peru to Provo, its almost poetic-it has a nice ring to it." haha I think Provo to Peru does too:) The main re-occurring theme was really involving members, ward councils, ward missionary leaders, bishops, etc. with the full-time missionaries. A lot of what was talked about reminded me of what we learned about reminded me of In-Field Training.
-Team of member-missionary work!! We're all in this together. The work of salvation excludes NO ONE!
-The need to preach the gospel has never been greater!!! They'll follow the example of Jesus Christ and teach His restored gospel. Work coordinated with each other! Using social networking to connect with others.
-Our work begins on our knees, where we receive personal revelation.
-It's His work, as we do our best, He will not let us fail. Entitled to His help. TRUST!
-Follow impulses and feelings of the heart and faith, act on LOVE!
-"Where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, so am I in their midst."
-"We cannot always see the end from the beginning"
-Single purpose and unified vision
-The revelation and spirit comes when you start!!


Randoms.
"Blessed are the flexible, for they will not get bent out of shape." haha they were TONS of people at the MTC this week!!! People were like savages tryin' to get some milk for cheerios.
I saw John Armbruster on his 2nd day!!!
Ghostbuster vacuums. Too good.

I am so grateful to be here!! Especially when we were at the broadcast, it hit me of how crucial and amazing missionary work really is!! I don't think I could ever take it for granted, each day its like woah!! I'm a MISSIONARY!!! It's something I've always wanted to, a desire to serve the Lord and now I really am doing it and am involved in the work of salvation!! I can still remember many times in primary, YW, etc. talking about how I wanted to be a missionary when I grew up. haha its so crazy sometimes, but even more incredible!!! I know this is where I need to be right now and I know the Lord is preparing people to be taught. I'm so thankful that I am not the teacher, the Holy Ghost is, and I am merely just an instrument that can be used in the conversion process. I know Heavenly Father lives and knows us all personally, as indivisual sons and daughters. I know that I will one day see Him again, and am grateful that my family can be together forever. I'm so thankful and have a strong testimony of the restoration of the gospel. Whenever I read the Book of Mormon, I know its the word of God because I feel the Spirit so strongly. I know He calls prophets to lead and guide us and I know Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. I know Jesus Christ died to atone for our sins, that we can repent and our sins be made clean again. Yo se que este iglesia es verdadera!!! I love you all and thank you for all of your uplifting words and testimonies:) STAY STRONG & INVITE OTHERS TO THE FOLD!

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Rachel Anne Boody

No comments:

Post a Comment