Friday, June 21, 2013

Slight Detour until my Visa Arrives


So today was the big day!! All of the missionaries in my district received our re-assignments today. So...are you ready?




yeah?





drum-roll.......




Not one, not two, but THREE Boody children will all be in Provo, UT this summer!!! Two as students at BYU and one as a spanish-speaking MISSIONARY!!! As you could only imagine (since I don't know how/if I can attatch a video to this email) my reaction was quite priceless. I was shocked and...well yeah-disappointed. Provo? Me? En serio? My intial thoughts and feelings since reading it were not ones of genuine excitement, but I'm trying to be happy & pumped about it. Heavenly Father certainly has a sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!! Esp. since I prayed before to be able to be happy with wherever I got called for this re-assignment. well I certainly needed that help!!! Still do. TONS. Just trying to keep strong faith in my Savior and His plan for me and my work as a missionary. I'm grateful for my companion who really helped me realize the greater picture of it all, rather than focusing on my own wants and desires. THIS WORK IS NOT ABOUT ME OR MY WANTS!!! Being humbled left and right:) I never wanted to serve in Utah....

 I'll be leaving the MTC on Tuesday, at 4:45pm. Not too far of a drive....

My address is:

Hermana Rachel Anne Boody
Utah Provo Mission
85 North 600 East
Provo, UT 84606

Try to keep the jokes to a minimum, although I'm sure its very tempting! At least I don't have to do any long traveling until Peru! He knows that I hate packing:) And Delta. and weighing luggage.

Love you all TONS,

Hermana Boody

No comments:

Post a Comment