Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MTC - Week 6


Buenos Tardes Mi Familia!

Another crazy, yet wonderful week at the MTC!!

shout-outs. ConGRADulations Clark Daniel!! I can't believe your already completely done at Madison. Thats sickkk!! And you'll be flying out to start college so soon, how wonderful!!!!!!

VISA. Well kinda surprised when we received notification that we were staying another week, but its in His timing. I just hope its not any longer! jaja. but seriously....:) It's actually been a blessing thus far, because we'll have this week to have loads more practice with teaching and reviewing espanol-which yo necesito mucho. My name will be re-submitted for a re-assig. call this Thursday! But I could also get my VISA, so yeah..loads of prayers. PERU or bust!!! With a smaller district, we'll get really tight and it'll be fun to focus more on lang. and doctrine. Its just weird saying goodbye to everyone else in our district and saying goodbyes, yet we're not leaving yet...jaja. From what they've told us, we still have our 2 main teachers and classroom, hopefully are in the same zone too. I just have no idea what our schedule looks like.

District/Zone. On Monday, our done started a 24 hour fast together before personal study. Many of us were feeling worried/stressed about VISAs/lack thereof and felt like it would be a great opportunity to fast together and gain strength and unity as a district. We've certainly come a long way and its wonderful to have seen that progress and improvement. Since then, 2 Elders were issued re-assignments on Wednesday-one to SLC and one to CA until their VISAs come for Argentina. We said goodbye to the District that had arrived a week before we did. They've been a great influence and are already missed greatly! On Saturday night, we had our Departing District Testimony Meeting, the newest district of 8 Elderes came that barely arrived on Wednesday. It was surreal to bear mine and hear those of the missionaries in my district. It's just so weird that we're already leaving, yet its also felt like we've been here for ages. jaja. once again, such a time warp. Also on Saturday, the Elderes gave all the Hermanas blessings, since they all left this morning and we'll also be eventually (hopefully) be leaving for the mission field too. It was incredible!!! Sitting in a circle of Elderes that I have learned to respect so greatly and have gotten to know so well-like brothers. All there because they love me and want me to be a successful and happy missionary. The words that were spoken and spirit felt was indescribable!! It brought such comfort to me and the worries/fears of entering the field. Esp. words that were spoken about my family and siblings. Just from that alone, I know that God knows me personally and knows my strengths and weaknesses, esp. those felt with all the expectations and responsibilities of being a missionary. I'll never forget those promised blessings of comfort and strength. But more importantly, I'll NEVER forget what was felt, I know that God lives and loves us in ways that we cannot even fully comprehend. I'm grateful for these men and especially the power of the priesthood. On Sunday, we all sang "We'll Bring The World His Truth" at our branch meeting. Chills up & down my spine!! Yesterday, my comp and I were in charge of teaching the District Mtng(Sunday School). We taught and had a discussion about Faith in Jesus Christ. It was great to be reminded of how much is possible, through having faith in Him and being blessed by doing so!! That's something I've certainly learned a TON about on my mission so far. Heavenly Father certainly blesses us with our lack of faith and I've really had to rely on my faith in Jesus Christ to be doing missionary work. It's incredible to see it being grown, tested, and strengthened.  Each missionary has taught me something specific and I love all of these friendships, a brotherhood in the gospel. Ahhh just incredible!! Many left this morning and it was weird to see them go:(

Devo. On Tuesday, we had our weekly devotional in the Marriott Center. First time ever-that the MTC held our devotional there, so naturally-there was a LOT of press. Also from walking from the MTC to devotional, I'm pretty sure I managed to be in about 25 iphone pictures...haha the people driving by were very entertaining. And shocked cause there was such a HUGE crowd of us missionaries. This upcoming Sunday, we'll be attending a huge Worldwide Broadcast Training meeting, with the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 conducting. Pretty legit!! I'm excited, we'll make up a few thousand and they're even giving out tickets for the rest of the seats at the Mariott Center. Try to watch it on lds.org or something! Also at devotional, the speaker taught about the story of Moses and the fact that his speech wasn't very good, but he was still blessed with being able to touch the hearts of the people. I thought so much about Hunter.

Seriously you are one of my very favorite people in the world!! You've always been an incredible older brother to us and have set a wonderful example. But now especially, serving a mission myself has made me realize what a challenge, but also blessing your service was!!! You've strengthened me by your words, time, and love. I know that I can count on you and yo got my back! jaja. But really, thank you for being an incredible person that I can look up to. It's made all the difference in the world to have a strong relationship with you. I know you've experienced many things that have been frustrating and challenging, but you've stepped up and relied on the Lord rather than get discouraged! How remarkable. I love you so much and just wanted to take time to express my gratitude. Thank you for caring about me and letting me crash the couch many nights in SLC.jaja and all of those jazz games! I miss that ghetto Mexican food card we ate at between conference sessions. I have LOVED and cherished all of our adventures together!! Next road trip-Zion's National Park!! I want to show you some of my favorite views in the world!! (and hikes). Enjoy your last few days in Oregon, then with settling in your apt. with Clark in Provo.  

Hosting. This week, I hosted 2 sisters. One's headed to Tuscon, AZ & the other to Montreal, Can. Pretty awesome! Once again, it was fun/entertaining to see so many families drop off their kids and seeing their happy and excited, yet also terrified faces.

This week, we had In-Field Training! It was all day, but broken up to different groups so it didn't seem too long. We learned a lot about goal-setting, contacting, introducing ourselves to the ward, bishop, etc. It was awesome to see how we can use all different parts and tools of missionary work to be the most successful!! Referrals are key, members are golden. Have faith!! It really opened my eyes as to what day-to-day missionaries in the field do and how to plan to make your time really effective.

Teaching. We taught Moises about the Apostasy and Restoration! It went really well. I couldn't help but smile so big while my comp. said the account of the 1st vision PERFECTLY in spanish. Then he saw it and smiled too. It was my first time teaching about the apostasy and it was awesome, I was relieved that somehow I was able to say what I needed to en espanol. Tender mercy!! Our teacher, Hermano Roden, must think we are so ridiculous sometimes. Like acting out things with our hands that we don't know how to say in spanish. Or laugh when it gets kinda awkward. Afterwards, I asked him for feedback and I was surprised what he had to say! He said our personalities compliment each other really well, and its easier to teach in a light and comfortable environment, because the investigator will feel more comfortable and open. Something that he also said that I thought was really insightful was to teach others as if they were you, without the gospel. You'll be encouraged to try much harder, fighting for your own salvation!!!

Father's Day. We were able to watch the Spoken Word before Relief Society and they had a wonderful compilation of clips where children talk about why they love their dad's. So precious. It reminded me of so many fond memories that we've had over the years!! Chaparonign field trips, commuting for work, lunch at potbelley's, washing the car, hanging with my friends, you dancing in front of the TV at my bday party where we watched Ferris Buehler's day off, then you ruining the plot of Disturbia, surfing the waves at the beach, target trips, taking care of me when I got a concussion in like 4th grade, etc. You've really showed me that t.i.m.e. really spells love. Thank you for spending time with me, even if you were really busy. It's cool that I know all of your co-workers quite well, from all of the many times that I came to your office after working at the Archives. And that one day with the Earthquake downtown and us taking advantage of the building's closure by going to see Midnight in Paris. I'd like to think that I can take credit of inheriting your eye color and humor:) I really appreciate all you've done for me & wanted to make sure you knew how much I love you. Did you like your father's day gift? I thought the card was perfect. Enjoy riding the rails!! Your the best pappa bear around:) I think of you often.

Goals. Don't wish a day away. Really enjoy this next week!! I think it'll be fun, small district and time to review!! repaso.

Randoms. Mouse madness in the residence. Seriously everyone was going CRAZY, its like they had never seen a mouse before. Highly entertaining. I love playing volleyball! Actually not half bad. Got a sickkk package-two words: Hawaiian punch. and tiny cups. Don't judge mom! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment