Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 62



It’s been a rough morning, to say the least. I`m kinda speechless…or typeless­. O los dos. No se. President Artemio, our beloved branch president here in Otuzco passed away this morning. We just recently visited him with hno. Edgar, the 1st counselor Saturday night. We sang a few of his favorite hymns and it was so sad, he had such little energy that he could barely keep his eyes open in his bed. But somehow I could tell that he enjoyed it and the spirit that we brought. His wife, Amelia who isn`t a member sang with us and a few of their daughters that are visiting from Trujillo. There`s a special spirit in his room, full of such love of so many that admire him. And yesterday our branch was visited by the 2nd counselor of the mission, Presidente Rojas who pleaded for all the branch members to keep praying for President Artemio and especially his family. Yesterday afternoon Elder Boekweg told us that Hermana Gonzalez and I are BOTH headed out of Otuzco. Which I think is kinda funny cause I barely even told you all about it and now we`re peacing out. Just when I thought that things couldn`t get any crazier or random, they certainly just did!! Anyway so last night and this morning, we were packing up and got a phone call that President died.
We visited his wife and other family members and just held them as they cried. President Artemio looked so peaceful, that he`s finally not suffering in pain anymore. He couldn`t talk or eat and was in such pain constantly. My companion and I are going to print out the pictures that we took when our zone of missionaries went to visit and sing to him. And made a nice gift with a picture of the savior for the funeral since we won`t be here. When we went to give comfort to his family this morning, we saw a ton of the branch members there helping move jugs of water to make space for the funeral service. I`m grateful for the unity and service that these wonderful and humble members have and give.
Ah its so strange, in just a few hours we have to head out and be in Trujillo by 7ish tonight. I`m headed to open an area in Chimbote, zone Chimbote peru. Hna. Manwill will be my companion. Which is funny cause she just finished a transfer being companions with mi hijita, Hermana sosa. We`ll be helping a ward split into 2 and I`ll be in the same zone as elder nelson! Oh Chimbote…I`m excited and nervous! 3rd time opening an area in the last 2 months ish of my mission. We`ll see how this plays out. Love you tons and am so grateful for the plan of salvation. Wow this life is so beautiful, but so short. I know now more than ever that the Savior lives and is our pathway to our Salvation. Please keep the family Guzman Santos en  in your prayers!! thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment