Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 63



My last few moments in Otuzco were spent with Amelia, President Artemio´s wife, well now widow. She was so sad. Asked when we´d be coming back. But we´re not, which was so hard to tell someone who just really needs a friend right now. But I explained how the gospel can and will give her strength and comfort. And that the branch members are there for her too. and I talked about how in the Book of Mormon, Mormon knew that he was dying and wrote his last words for his son Moroni. Gave him the best of the best advice. I´ve been thinking a lot about her and hope you all have been also praying for her!!! pleaseeee!! 

So yeah leaving Otuzco was hard, wierd, and kinda good too. I´ll explain it all one day. Arrived in Trujillo and spent the night with the hermanas in California. When we all ate deeeeeeelicious burgers at Gringo Loco, NO ONE told me that I had to be at the chapel earlier than my companion to catch the bus to chimbote. so normal, we ate breakfast the next day with the CA hermanas, loaded all the suitcases up and went to my old chapel for cambios. I  looked for the piece of paper to say chimbote and was a little confused, cause they were all zone names that were in trujillo. soooooo turns out that I missed my bus!! haha whatever. gave me a chance to see some of my old friends from trujillo and catch up with hna. steckler. the elders sent me off on the bus after the transfers little devotional. Suuuper wierd being without a companion for a couple of hours, but I talked to the woman sitting next to me and she told me all about chimbote that I scribbled in my planner.

the zone leaders and my companion picked me up at the terminal and they took my stuff to our new room while we had lunch with the sister training leaders who are in our zone. I was really impressed with the elders, they helped us get all settled in our new area. we´ve got brand new matresses. they found a pensioniesta for us and her mom will wash our clothes. we live with a bunch of members, an elderly couple who crack us up cause they talk to eachother SOOOO loud. haha I´m sure their hearing has gotten pretty bad.

so we´re the very first hermanas to ever serve in the barrio I mean ward El Carmen. Not to sound like I got a big head or anything, but they seriously LOVE us here!!! for real, we´ve been visiting some of the members and they´re SO excited that we´ll be serving them in the ward. I´ve never felt so loved in a ward that I´ve had the blessing of serving in. proof of it, the stake president called us yesterday to invite us to his family´s fhe but we´ve already got 3 fhe teaching appts. haha and this is after our 1st impression of the stake president was when he messed with us on the street and asked if he were JW´s.haha looove it here!!!

our pensioniesta is the RS president and is suuuper nice!! my comp can´t eat rice, bread, or meat so I´m in HEAVEN with all these veggies that we eat every day!!! ahhhh its so wonderful. she made pancakes for us this morning. hna. manwill is awesome, love her. its my first time having a white companion for more than a year and the funny part is that we rarely speak english. so really its not very different at all. but what I LOVE about her is that she loves running too!! ahhh finally!! but murphey´s law, second morning we´re out running and I tripped on an uneven piece of sidewalk and took a nasty fall. a wierd slow-motion kind. so my ankles are pretty swollen, my right one more than my left. so on saturday we went on splits so that I could rest it for awhile. and a huasero..no idea how to spell it...massaged my ankle and it feels a little better. gotta be patient. its just frustrating cause we´ve got WORK to do!!! I wanna walk strong in el porvenir. im sure it´ll be better in a few days. 
 
we´ve been seeing tons of miracles here.members are legit and been getting good references. love you all and more than anything I love my Savior!!! 

ate at gringo loco our last night my last night in trujillo. absolutely delicious. we finally got our polos from the best district ever, la campina. these elders are some of my favorites of the mission!!! 


alexandra, a family that we recently got tight with. 





this is what happens when you give your planner to a little kid in relief society so he´ll stop crying. scribbled all over the bad boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment