Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 64





Cant believe that clark`s on his way to JAPAN right now and you all are livin` it up in florida at the beach this very second!!! siiick! haha we had a great morning, spent with President and Hna. Marler at this park thing. went zip-lining which was pretty fun!! only 3 soles! this week seriously just fleeew on by!! been working like crazy here in the lovely el carmen. we had a wonderful fhe with the stake president last monday night and he asked each of us and his kids to share our testimonies. wow, I didn`t quite realize it, but my testimony has grown so much! ive grown a ton spiritually. and he also explained their plan for the ward split. it`ll be in about 2 years, but we`re in the beginning stages of it and really need to help the members be truly converted. he said that the stake specifically asked our mission president for hnas to come into the ward. they`ve always just had elders serving in the ward.he said that our ward is the strongest ward in the stake and the best ward in the mission. I totally agree, its by far my absolute favorite ward that I`ve served in thus far! the bishop asked us sat night to give talks and it went really well! I don`t really get nervous anymore, standing in front of loads of people that I still don`t know. you just gotta kill it, like hunter says!
 
Tuesday I got what we call trunky papers, what the mission office sends to get down your home info so they can book a flight home. ugh. it was so strange. I just don`t think about it, psh we`re OPENING an area!! gotta do WORK, son!! hna. manwill is wonderful. we truly are enjoying each day to the fullest!! there`s never a dull moment, always something random. like peruvians always telling us that they speak castillano here. obviously. haha
 
With all the elders in our zone and some of the hnos. from the ward, we`re the only women to play futbol, soccer, with them every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. i don`t have a talent for it at all, but its so much fun!! 

There`s a family that we visited and are so special. the wife is a little less-active, but is coming back into activity now. the husband was baptised this year and they have the goal of being sealed in November. we visited them and gifted them a magazine cut-out of the salt lake temple to always remember their goal. the wife cried. they are so incredibly humble and wonderful. familia jimenez. love them!! 

I started reading the Book of Mormon again, but this time in Spanish. some of my ultimate mission goals were to serve in the mountains and read the bom cover to cover in Spanish. so I`m working on it!! I`m in 2 Nephi now and my goal is to read 5 pages a day to finish in a few months. its wonderful and im pleasantly surprised by how much I can understand.
 
love you all tons, as you very well know!! ill tell you more next week. swim a ton in the beach for me:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment