Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Provo MTC - Week 3





 Familia!!


Happy Memorial Day!! We watched the spoken word yesterday morning and they did a very nice tribute to all the many americans that have fought for our freedoms. How are you enjoying your day off, Dad? Livin' the federal government dream. Unfortunately for missionaries-this P-day means no mail or temple:( Oh well, more time to study and write letters! Clark, I hope you had a wonderful 18th Birthday!!! Did you get my card yet? Can't believe your graduating soooo soon!! weird. These were some of my main thoughts/experiences this week:
"Investigators"-I should've explained more about how we've been teaching people, sorry for the confusion. Eduardo, and now Moises and Santiago, are some "investigators" that we've taught/been teaching. But they're just our teachers. However, they won't reply or understand ANY english, so we take it really seriously and work a TON on our lessons. Right now, my comp and I are preparing lessons for and meeting usually 1-2 times a week with Moises and Santiago. Both are progressing in different ways. Also on wednesday, we had "TRC" which is where member volunteers come to be taught by the missionaries. We had a great time with it! My companion and I taught Sis. Lanford, mother of 7 from Alpine, UT. We weren't really sure what lesson to teach, but were lead by the Spirit. We each conveyed the fact that Heavenly Father loves her very much and talked a little about the Atonement. She was really friendly, which was nice since our spanish is broken-at best. We spoke simply of the love and care that the Savior has for her. I spoke of what an incredibly important and hard responsibility she has, as a mother. What a divine calling, raising her children. While searching for the right spanish words to speak-it really touched me. Mothers have a special calling here on earth-to raise their children, but more importantly-they are raising Heavenly Father's children. I know that He has so much trust in mothers, to be looking after them with such great love and dilligence. Just as she loves her children, Heavenly Father loves us even MORE!! It really opened my eyes and brought new light to the Atonement and what a sacrifice that certainly was!! So grateful. Mom-thank you so much for all of the MANY sacrifices that you make for us on a daily basis. I know that it's frustrating, esp. because we do not thank you/express gratitude enough. I know Heavenly Father is grateful for your dilligence and love, as am I. There just aren't words to describe a Mother's love for her children. Thank you for never giving up on us, even when we're crazy and don't listen. I love you now, forever, and always!! Everyday, there are so many things that remind me of you and your many attributes that I am striving for. You always see the good in others and look for opportunities to serve others-just like the Savior would.
 District and Zone. This week, we got new zone leaders-which are in my district. And a new district leader! One Elder in our district just got Mono, so we're all trying to stay away.jaja I cannot get sick!!!! Also Hermana Lasike's brother is having some hard times on his mission lately so the Hnas. fasted for him together. It's certainly hard to stay strong/not let the adversary have power over you.

Spanish. Our district is really trying to make more of an effort to speak spanish more throughout the day, and not just in class (SYL). It's been good to make yourself think of how to say certain things in spanish and practicing using the tenses. We've learned present, future, and progressives. The Hermanas that I serve with are incredible!! Hermanas Downs, Lasike, Y Evans. Seriously have become like sisters to me here, I'll miss them greatly!! After we get to our residence after class/planning at 9:30, we each read a few verses in the Docterine and Covenants together. Some of the words I recognize, since some are really similar to spanish words. And its a good practice with pronounciation! Haha I can still remember Dad teasing me of how I would always say "Nosotros" in a super gringo way. Making improvements, you better believe it Padre:)

Missionary Work In General. During various district/zone meetings and devotionals, we've been talking a lot about what missionary work really means/entails. Here are some of my thoughts that get me PUMPED. The Lord knows our needs and answers our prayers and worries. I've defiently seen this to be true with becoming really close with my Hermanas! Have faith and move forward!! We don't walk alone, we are called of God to do His work and angels surround us. We've been preparing for this mission LONG before we were called. The mission that we are called to is specific to us and what people we can indivisually bless/have the opportunity to teach. Be faithful and loyal to that calling. Fear departs when faith endures. Submit our will to the Fathers. DON'T HOLD ANYTHING BVACK FROM THE LORD, GIVE THIS ALL YOU'VE GOT!! I've learned a TON about the Atonement, Plan of Salvation, God's love for His children, Repentance, etc. Fave quote about the Atonement: "Our salvation depends on beliving in and accepting the Atonement. Such acceptance requires a continual effort to understand it more fully."
Relying/Recognizing the spirit. WOW. I have never felt/relied on the Spirit THIS much in my life!! Not that I'm really that old, but you get the point:) Its incredible to work as dilligently as possible, so that the Spirit will be welcomed/invited into a lesson/mtng/studying. I've really learned that its influence is CRUCIAL in missionary work. Many times while teaching, we had something planned previously, but then was directed to say/teach something else. Completely amazes me every time. I can feel His influence so greatly in those settings and I know they can too. I'm grateful for living in a way that allows the Holy Ghost to be my constand companion. Without which, I would just be saying random spanish things. jaja. Its just incredible. I'm so grateful and thankful for being apart of this restored Church on the world today. Teaching these doctrines that I've known all my life offers insights that I've never had before. The gospel is simple and absolutely amazing. What/who can I touch with His hands? I just want to do ALL I can to truly be an instrument in order to reach out to His children. What a blessing this gospel is to my life!
Random Tid-Bits:
-I ran into Jordan Tille's sister (Hunter's bud). She's headed to Thailand!
-Recee's ice crem cup think. WOAH.
-There are 1,254 sister missionaries right now. wahooo!!!!
-I absolutely LOVE having Sis. Keri Ralls at the MTC with me!! It's been so fun to spend some time together, even if its only for a few mins.
-Grant-thank you SO much for those cute notes/drawings. My district thought they were so cute!! What an adorable, yet super crazy little bro I have:)

No comments:

Post a Comment