Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 54



First off, HUGE birthday shout-outs to Clark`s 19th and Miss. Hannah Jane Hintze for her 24th!! hope you have an awesome day!!! I can`t believe Clark`s farewell was on Sunday, how exciting to be getting ready to head off for the MTC, then TOKYO!! I`m so happy and excited for you little bruddah. The mission has absolutely blessed and changed my life and I can`t wait for you to be an instrument in the Lord`s hands too. This week was just FULL of miracles that made me realize how very grateful I am for my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. Sometimes, when we`re teaching and testifying-it just HITS me! He`s the only pathway to find true happiness and peace in this life. Being His messenger has brought me absolute joy and seeing others come unto Him is the most rewarding work that I`ll ever have the privilege of being apart of. 

A HUGE miracle, we were teaching Lidia with our 81 year-old ward missionary leader and her husband came home from work. we invited him to join us and were pleasantly surprised when he did and was really receptive. Sunday`s his only day off, so we planned to teach him at 9am with his wife at church and from there go to sacrament mtng. the lesson went really well, the spirit was testifying strong and he started to cry as he offered the closing prayer. he felt the holy ghost manifesting to him that what we had taught was true. it was amazing.

Been tracking down references and have been finding a handful of ready and prepared investigators! its been such a blessing. our zone came to our area Friday morning to help us find new people to teach and it was a huge success!!! I was frantically planning our where each companionship would go and mapping out their area and thankfully all the stress paid off. we had members for 5 of the companionship and are now reaping the fruits of what they sewed. 

Another huge miracle, hno. correa finally came to sacrament meeting yesterday!! I`ve been visiting this family since NOVEMBER of last year and nothing. we taught about the sabbath day and the importance of the sacrament with our baptismal covenants-but nothing. I didn`t give up on them and he was at church yesterday!! I was so surprised and happy to see him walking in-sunglasses and all. haha taught me to be ever so diligent and not give up on people, be patient when results aren`t immediate. 

We had 4 investigators and 6 less-actives that we`ve been teaching at church yesterday, it was so awesome!! got a baptismal date of a reference that we contacted for the 7th of June, her boyfriend is a member that's preparing to serve a mission. 

There`s a ton more that I`m gonna have to tell ya about next week cause time`s up plus my memory on my card is full and I cant upload any more pics. loooove you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment