Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 51



querida familia Y amigos,

Yesterday in the primavera estaca we had this awesome musical activity. we got an invitation to be involved in a missionary chorus and practiced Saturday. it was so awesome! lots of people came, it was a huge success!! first, the activity started with a Mormon message and then us as the missionary chorus entered in while singing called to serve. Testimonies were shared and we watched more messages about the Savior and it was just beautiful. the stake president talked, then President Marler. we closed the meeting by singing I need thee every hour. it was a perfect activity to bring all the members, missionaries, less-actives, recent converts, investigators, and ward mission leaders together. Jose went and really appreciated the messages. I loved it!! probably the best part of it was when hermana Evans walked into the chapel on Saturday for the practice. I don`t cry easily, but my eyes started to fill up when I saw her beautiful face!! she`s been in chimbote for the past 2 transfers and I didn´t know the next time that I´d be able to see my running buddy!! it meant so much to me.

The new zone´s good. its kinda strange being the only gringa hermana. haha we had a special training with this new booklet called adjusting to missionary life and they separated us into English and Spanish groups to make sure that everyone understood it really well in their native tongue. its fun to have another area in our district, the elders that have re-opened salaverry are excited about their new area. hopefully they´ll get a cell phone soon...haha. hna. martinez is training and we were very excited to meet hna. tulumba, she`s great! 

Gloria´s doing well. we invited her for a family home evening with a family in the ward that she`s good friends with. and we visited later in the week and taught about the ten commandments and she was loooving it!! haha she talks so much sometimes, me cuesta! her daughter has had some back pains and is doing lots better after her hospital visit and medicine. 

Lidia´s awesome! we put a baptismal date for the 10th but she wasn´t home when we went for our appointment and MIA for church yesterday. so we´re gonna have to change her baptismal date. pusha! I hope she´s alright!! 

We´ve been teaching various families and they all have great potential, but flaked out for church yesterday and can`t really progress without attending church. 

Recently, I´ve learned how important and wonderful prayer truly is. I´ve come to rely on this beautiful and vital communication with Heavenly Father. It gives me so much comfort and strength when I feel weak or frustrated. He´s molding me into who He wants me to be and I´m realizing just how many bumpy edges and rough spots I have. Its the refiner´s fire folks, at its finest! The mission´s changing me and I`m grateful for the challenges that have changed me for the better. I love it with all my heart, I love this work of Salvation, and most of all I love my Savior.




Keep an eye out for something sweet in the mail!! 

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Boody

No comments:

Post a Comment