Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 28











I don`t know if you`ve be been keeping up to date with Peru, but right now all of south America`s here for the Olympics or something. Basically its just a tad bit crazier than normal and we have to be more careful and avoid large groups of crazy sport people. Pretty cool, right? Its called los juegos bolivianos. 

Luiz Galvez has been getting to know various other families and people in the ward and progressing pretty well! He`s awesome.

Maria Mendosa. Still learns a little slower and hard to know what she truly is understanding and comprehending. Gave a LDM this week with her mom, I know that when she reads it, she`ll receive a witness that its true!

Eduardo. Yesterday I felt like such a proud mamma, Eduardo was all decked out in nice church pants, button-down, nice shoes, and the tie we gave him. Ahh it was such a great sight. I was right about to take a picture, but we had ward council to go toL
 
Brillit and Dasly. 18 and 22. Met them this week and they`re awesome! Less-actives that came to church with us yesterday. In a relationship, but also want to both serve missions. She got all the info yesterday about how to earn her YW medallion with personal progress and is excited about that. He`s a little shy, so trying to get him some good friends in JAS. (YSA). He accompanied us this week and we`re trying to get him pumped about serving a mission, but he wants to wait until he can get done more school.

Adrian. Couldn`t come to church yesterday which was a bummer, but overall I think things are going well. Its just really tricky with his work scheduele and doesn`t have a cell, so we can`t easily just call and see if he`s home. Geanpiero, a YM has been awesome to accompany us and be a good friend to him.
Roger. Contacted and taught him this week. 50ish. I called yesterday morning to remind him about church, no answer, but then we saw him in the other ward`s sacrament mtng. Haha 8am`s a little rough on the Peruvians. But its funny cause showing up 2 hrs late to something is about normal for Peruvian time. 

Jose. It was awesome, we were on our way to a teaching appt. and I randomly started to talk to him. 

Why not, we we`re all walking in the same direction anyway. Taught him for the 1st time yesterday and he`s such a GOLDEN investigator!! Super receptive and we even invited him to a noche de hogar for tonight. Hna. Portillo and I were so thrilled after the lesson, literally jumping up and down in excitement cause it went to well and he`s so ready!!!!!!

We had a surprise visit from Hna. Marler and the AP`s at our district and zone mtng this week, which was wonderful. Aaand a surprise cleaning check/apt invasion to make sure everything`s working ok. Haha yeah…it would be nice to have non ice-cold water to shower in. I`ve developed a pretty good technique for it, I call it hokey-pokey showering. One arm, then the next, etc. Its worked out pretty well. Not yet courageous enough to just take the plunge and submerge in the ice berg. 

Man the adversary certainly works hard on those that are trying to come unto Christ. He knows our weaknesses and how to easily tempt us to sin. While tracting, we saw something that seriously just broke my heart. I can`t even remember the last time that I cried that hard. It just tore me apart and if I hadn`t have seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn`t have ever believed it. Stay true to the faith people!!

WE`ve been continuing to getting to know families in the ward and strengthening the less-actives. Its such a wonderful sight when they come to church and begin to truly feel the Holy Ghost again in their lives!! 

My left knee randomly got swollen and has been reddish for about a week. Kinda random and I`ve been a little hesitant to run on it, but it seems like its getting better. Our zone leader mentioned about going to the clinic, haha I can only imagine how sketchy that`s be. Some good old-fashioned ice and massaging the muscles has helped.

On Saturday, our sister training leader, hna. Allred came to my area and we had an awesome and successful day!!! She`s so wonderful. It was exactly what I needed, fresh energy and finding more people to teach. I actually know my area a lot better than I thought that I did, which is good since I`ll most likely be leading it the next transfer. Intercambios are so fun! Hna. Portillo and I both were on fire with ideas and suggestions of how we can improve our area and how to more effectively work with the ward when we switched back. 

Elder Russel M. Nelson is coming tomorrow evening, HERE in Trujillo!! We at first didn`t think we`d be able to go, since its out of our zone. Buuuut…got a phone call and we`re allowed!! Wahoo I`m so excited. It`ll be incredible. And perfect to pump up our ward and investigators.
Good week, loving the area more and more every week!

Had such delish apple pie this morning for breakfast, life`s good.
LOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment